Did you mean: 

ecc5.0 to ecc6 ehp 7

0 Kudos

Hi Techies,

we got a Project to Upgrade SAP systems Running ON

SAP ecc5.0

Oracle 9i

Suse Linux

we need to Upgrade this to The latest SAP system and Oracle Upgrade and Unicode conversion also

Upgrade to

SAP ERP Ecc6.0 ehp 7

Oracle 11G

Suse Linux or Windows 12

I found some Documents But Need some more Suggestions from you techies to Help me out
with A Easiest way to Do it with Minimum Down time  . .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would proceed as below

1. upgrade OS

2. upgrade Oracle to 11g

3. do combined upgrade & unicode conversion (928729 - Combined Upgrade & Unicode Conversion (CU&UC)

0 Kudos

1. OS upgrade is easy

2. but guessing how to do Oracle from 9i to 11.2.0.4

3. with sum it is possible

I am searching for some docs which really can support me to do So,

please let me know if you have any with Minimum down time  . .

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Check the Oracle upgrade guide for upgrade from 9i to 11G.

https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700000333942010E/GUIDE_UX_ORA_UPGR_112_400.pdf

If you are doing an OS migration from Linux to Windows then you can combine that with the Unicode migration.

Cheers

Reagan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar

I thing you may require to perform the upgrade / Migration OS & Unicode conversion in two phases in windows 2012 server,  If it is Suse Linux you can follow the steps told by Amirthalingam.

Phase 1. From the exiting version ECC5 to minimum supported version of ECC 6 with SP level 20 on same OS / DB by using SUM.

Phase 2 you have migrate to suse linux to Windows 2012 Heterogeneous system copy & Unicode convert by using the SAP SWPM, & Upgeate the exiting ECC6 SP20 to latest version ECC6 either EHP 6 or 7 by using SUM.

3. In case your current system connected the any other SAP modules you have to refer the SAP Note

1388258 - Version Interoperability within the SAP Business Suite

Before start the process pls check the PAM http://service.sap.com/pam

Regards

Sriram