cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM reconcile with SAP ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

There is a new requirement that we are currently working on. As part of the solution, it requires pulling users from SAP ECC into SAP IDM.

I tried but couldnot figure out any Out of the Box solution for it.

We already have a job used for pulling users from SAP HCM . Could you suggest some methods as to pull these users from SAP ECC to IDM. What is the approach that could be adopted?

Versions :

SAP IDM - 7.2

SAP ECC- 6.0

Looking forward for your response.

Thanks,

Shanky Agrawal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shanky,

It should be fairly easy if I understand the requirement correctly. My way of handling this would be,

1) Create a repository for your SAP ECC system.

2) Run the job wizard and navigate to the job templates folder and import "ABAP Initial load" job

3) Disable the passes which are out of scope for you. For your requirement, "ReadABAPUsers" and "WriteABAPUsers" should suffice, but if you want roles assignments etc along with it, then you can keep further Read* and Write* passes enabled. Optionally, you can delete the unwanted passes so that your job looks neat.

I would 1st run the job only with read passes, and check the temporary table if all good. Then would write only few users to IDM by delimiting the SQL using 'Top' command as in "Select top 2 * from sap%$rep.$NAME%user" (you can use any other method to select only few users) and check for any issues or if the result is as expected.

If the above steps doesn't help you, then let us know the precise information you are looking for.

Experts, please correct me if I'm wrong somewhere.

Kind regards,

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Jai,

Thanks for the response. Could you also help me with the tables (from ECC DB) from which we would be able to read the data.

Thanks,

Shanky Agrawal

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jai,

you are not wrong (leaving the passes for the system and account privilege and the trigger-passes at the end would be good, too ^^), but loading users from an ABAP system into IDM is something pretty basic, isn't it? I just wonder, why the OP needs directing in this. This is exactly an "out of the box" kind of thing.

Nice explanation though.

@Shanky: Have you gone through the IDM documentation? I think, you should definitly read it first, because you ask for something, that is a really basic initial load job, when we boil it down.

Regards,

Steffi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually we are using a similar pass for SAP HCM i.e ABAP Initial Load for some of the entries. When we are trying for SAP ECC somehow it doesnot work. So , just wanted to know about the tables which might be affected.

In the above question, I wrongly used the term "out of the box".

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

Shanky Agrawal

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shanky,

then you need to explain, what exactly does not work? What did you try? How far did you come with the load?

Right now we're shooting in the dark here. How do you expect us to give you a good, helpful answer, if you don't ask a good question with helpful information?

Regards,

Steffi.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shanky if you need just some entries from the system you can create a filter to help limit the entries coming over, or you'll need to have your PI/XI team create a table that you can access with the filtered users.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thank you for the response. I remember we getting a similar issue for another customized solution which required pulling users from HCM table P2003 and writing it into IDM.

At that time the issue we faced was the dispatcher was not able to dataset and was going "out of memory". We increased the dispatcher size but that also couldnt resolve the issue.

Then some custom solution was done on HCM side for the resolution.

I will just check with the concerned team and share the results.

Shanky

Answers (0)