cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver needed for Oracle 8i

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We are trying to Integrate SAP IDM 7.2 with a non-sap DB application. The non-sap application uses Oracle 8i as its database.

I tried connecting with the standard drivers present in IDM but it fails giving the error "Oracle Driver missing".

Could you please suggest the appropriate driver to be used. I tried to find in Oracle forum but of no help.

Please provide the link to download the driver for Oracle8i.

Cheers!!!

Thanks,

Shanky Agarwal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You'll need to add the Oracle 8 JDBC driver to your class path to create the connection. 

However you might have some issues... Is Oracle 8 32 bit or 64 bit?  Try to use the 64 bit driver if possible, or you might need to set up a separate dispatcher with the 32 bit DB drivers.

This is mostly a guess as I have not worked with Oracle 8 or a 32 bit db in some time.

You should be able to get the drivers from the Oracle Web site.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I  have a small doubt. We already have a Oracle 11g client 32-bit installed which is compatible with SAP IDM 7.2.

When I downloaded the drivers for Oracle 8i, from the below link  http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/enterprise-edition/jdbc817-100207.html

there was a small writeup that says we need to install Oracle client also for it to connect.

So, just wanted to know will it cause some inconsistency issues, if we try to install both the client version.

Or, we can directly go ahead with the drivers.

Please provide your suggestion.

Thanks,

Shanky Agrawal

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shanky,

I honestly don't know.  You'll probably need to direct this question to your Oracle DBA team.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you use the thin/type 4 driver (given by the jdbc url) there should be no need for the client, just the nls and classes file. Isn't 8i out of support since 2006 or something though?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the ojdbc14.jar. I will try and use the drivers for my configuration.

We have an application that still uses 8i as its database. I will share the results for the same.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

I was not following the community for quite some time now.

Have closed the previous threads.

It would be of great help if you can provide some information

Thanks,

Shanky Agrawal

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shanky,

maybe you could close your old thread () first, where you never answered the questions of the people who were trying to help you, before throwing more questions to the mix.

Regards,

Steffi.