Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stack Upgrade - Dialog Instance Tasks

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am performing Stack upgrade ECC 6.0 from 17 to 21. I have a dialog instance installed. Please let me know the steps that need to be performed with respect to the dialog instance. Do I have to uninstall and re-install? I also have BW and EP system which I need to perform stack upgrade. Pls advise ASAP.

Thanks,

Kavitha Rajan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

With respect to your ABAP dialog instance, there isn't much you need to do. The support packs are contained in the database, so the only real change is the kernel update that typically comes with a stack update. Assuming you have everything set up appropriately, your dialog instances should update their kernels automatically the first time you start them after applying the kernel update to the central instance. However, you'll want to double-check that by comparing versions between the instances.

Regards,

Matt

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

Matt,

Do I have to shutdown Dialog instance before starting upgrade in CI? And start DI after Stack upgrade completed? Or can it be up during the upgrade?

Thanks,

Kavitha Rajan.

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Like Matt confirmed, there is no need to uninstall the dialog instances during an SP update for an ABAP stack. If you are using SUM to patch the system and if you are making use of the shadow system option then the AS can be up and running until the downtime phase. Before you start the downtime phase SUM will prompt you to isolate the CI and to stop all AS's.

If you are using SUM there is an option called update "Dialog Instances" but as you are doing an SP update this option wont be necessary. If you are patching the system using the SPAM/SAINT method then you may keep the AS's up and running.

Reagan

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Matt and Reagan.

Answers (0)