cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 2.0: Tab: Is "Tab caching enabled" valid only for one selected tab?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Personas experts,

Playing with tabs in Personas 2.0 has given me some sort of headache. Hereby I want to present an issue I had come across:

In a Tcode (eg iw38), I landed in a UI with a few tabs. I moved some contents around and then hide the tab "Planning". Somehow, when I selected the tab "Header Data" and enter the edit mode to check the "visible" and "Cachable" settings, I found it was different from the case where I first selected the tab "Component" and then enter the edit mode.

Does anyone know why the caching settings look different when different tab is first selected? I expected that the tab "visible" and "cachable" settings should be done only once no matter which tab was selected before entering the edit mode.

Thanks,

Dong Zhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rule: Only caching those tabs whose contents are used. Limit the tabs caching as much as possible.

Close this question.

Dong

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This sounds like it might be control id overwrite issues for he transactions you are working with. For details, see this blog post: . In particular, check OSS note1999747 for the current recommended setting...

If that doesn't help, let us know

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the quick reply. To solve this problem, I just made a very "Simple" way - select each Tab > Go into Edit mode > check the caching settings to make sure they are all correct for each tab.

The other way of doing overwrite rule looks far more complicated - specially it makes things "static" costing much maintain efforts, and maybe even worse - after a while, I can hardly find which id is which comtrol on UI (too bad that Personas does not offer a Search method for finding a control using its id).

Anyway, it is very helpful info that I can dig into more later.

Thanks again, set yours as "Helpful answer". 🙂

Dong Zhu