Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hide menu from nwbc

purper
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have some hundresds of PFCG roles available in our system that are only relevant for SAP GUI.

For NWBC we create some new roles and of course we can hide these from the SAP GUI Menu by activating the "Hide Menu from SAP Easy Accesss" flag in "menu options" within pfcg

To hide all our SAP GUI Menu we have to set the corresponding flag (Hide menu from NWBC).

Does anybody know a way (i.e. Is there a report available) to set this flag automatically, bevor we start creating own NWBC menu?

Of course we can use cockpits, but we want too be sure that all SAP GUI  menu cannnot be used in NWBC.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

I had a similar issue on a client. There is a work around.

Try creating an LSMW or eCATT to update maintenance table VAGRATTS via SM31 or SM30.

Role=Role name for each role that you want to filter from NWBC.

Attribute Type=MISC

Attribute Value='NWBC.FilterRole = True'

I have created an LSMW with the recording, you can download it from here and then upload it into your system.

LSMW_VAGRATTS_NWBC.txt - Google Drive

The only thing you need is a CSV file with all the roles that you want to hide.

stian_windsland2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Excellent Jakob Kjær. That LSMW was 100% match for what I was doing now. Updated 675 roles with this flag set, in a few minutes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stian,

Glad to help 🙂

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Harald

Based on previous research, I have NOT found a way to go around this. We basically have to do 2 things

1) A BDC update program (or You could use Mass Role Maintenance function) that change existing security roles to "NOT -applicable to NWBC"

-Security team also c

2) Perform a Screen Mod to the PFCG (or create a transaction variant for your security team) to use with the value "NOT applicable to NWBC" set by default.

Cheers

Damean

Brindavan_M
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

Could you please let me know which one your using NWBC for HTML or NWBC for Desktop. If your using NWBC for HTML then what are the roles or menu visible from SAP GUI then the same exist in NWBC for HTML.Might be helpfull this link

Thanks,

Brindavan

purper
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

NWBC for DESKTOP

Unfortunalty Idid not see any helpfuul hints up to now on the mentioned pages

Regards