cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment terms in accounting document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to understand how the payment terms in accounting document for credit notes are updated.From what I understand these should either be referenced from the customer master data or from the credit notes billing documents(since there is a different payment term determined in the credit memos from the original invoice). I need it to be referenced from the credit memo billing documents in all cases but I find in certain cases,these are picking up the payment terms from the customer master data which is incorrect.

let me know how do i proceed with the changes.

Regards,

V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To add to the above, i am making some changes to the payment terms in an user exit in credit memo sales document to change the payment terms in the credit notes when it is referenced from the Billing document.This same credit notes payment term is flowing in the credit notes billing document but the accounting document generated later picks up the payment terms from the original Invoice and not the credit memo document G2 which has the changed payment term. I want to reference the payment terms from the credit memo document to the accounting document created from it and not from the original Invoice.

How should i proceed?

Thanking in advance,

Regards,

Vieshal

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

vieshal,

when you say "payment terms in accounting document" - the scope here is billing document > accounting document.

so whatever payment terms is there is bill, will flow to the accounting document. this is standard SAP.

typewriter

0 Kudos

Hi

On the sales side when you create a credit memo request with reference to a billing document the system uses the copy control routines to transfer the data from VBRK/VBRP to the new sales document (VBKD-ZTERM) In the standard system table TVCPA has routine 103.

FV45C103

MOVE-CORRESPONDING CVBRK TO VBKD.

So you sales document should always have the reference document entry. If it doesn't check what
your copy routines are doing.

Likewise on the billing side the system would just pass the VBKD-ZTERM to the VBRK-ZTERM
using the copy routines in billing.

So if you are not getting what you need 100% of the time you can use your routines in TVCPA and TVCPF to make sure the VBRK-ZTERM field is always filled the way you require.

Hope it helps
Kind regards
Brian

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With standard configuration, system would fetch the payment terms as follows:-

• If you generate a document with reference to another document, system would fetch from the preceding document
  • If the Payment terms (due to some reason, which should not be) is blank in the preceding document, then it would copy from Payer

In your case, if both the above are not happening, then definitely, some exit is causing this issue which you need to check in debug with different customer / document type

G. Lakshmipathi