cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success Factors Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

For integrating SAP HCM with Success Factors via PI went through number of blogs.

But need some more inputs on the below points

1) Which is the best approach for integration, do we need to use SFSF adapter or SOAP Axis Adapter considering future updates from SAP.

2) In case of SOAP Axis Adapter can we get complete details about the standard  content delivered and configurations of the interfaces.

3) How the Login and Logout messages will get triggered do we need to explicitly execute these interface for each transaction or when we execute any transactions by default Login and Logout also will trigger.

Please provide your inputs and any more additional details with respect to PI based on your experience.

Thanks & Regards,

Prakash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

finny_babu
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash

Please find my replies for your questions below:

1. SFSF adapter is a new adapter built just for SuccessFactors integration via PI. It automatically takes care of login, logout and session handling within the adapter. As of now, SFSF adapter supports integration with SuccessFactors SOAP and ODATA API's. With SP2 of the Connectivity add-on (due to be released on 15th Dec 2014), we will also support REST based API's for LMS integration. Currently we do not have any content available for SFSF adapter but we working towards it and it is in the roadmap.

SOAP Axis adapter is a generic adapter which can be used for integration with SuccessFactors. Advantage of this adapter is that there is pre-shipped integration content available.

2. I guess you can search for Integration Add-on in SCN and you will get more details about the standard content delivered.

3. With SOAP Axis adapter, you will have to create separate iflows for login and logout. And as far as I know, it is not automatically executed.

Regards

Finny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Finny,

Thanks for the update.

Can you please provide some more inputs on the below points.

1) In case of SOAP Axis Adapter, whether interfaces will be always synchronous with SAP HCM being the source.

2) In Standard Content SFIHCM01 600 and SFIHCM02 600 process covered are Employee Data, Compensation Data and Recruiting Data Synchronization and apart from these any other process are available in standard? If available please share details of standard content which need to be referred.

3)What are complexity involved in setting up the integration using SOAP Axis Adapter.

4)Do we required any additional licensing for Operations Modeler tool and generally who will be able to generate the SFQL in the tool.

If you have any suggestions/best practices which need to be considered for success factors integration please share the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Prakash

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

As mentioned by , the biggest difference between the new SFSF adapter and SOAP axis adapter in terms of usage by developers is that there is not content available from SAP yet for using SFSF adapter. So, my suggestion is to use SOAP axis adapter until the time, SAP provides content.

When using the SAP provided content, the trigger is always in SAP HCM. In addition to Employee Data, Compensation Data,  Recruiting Data Synchronization the following scenarios are also supported:

• Evaluation data
  • Qualification data
  • Variable Pay (SFIHCM03)

From a PI developer perspective, the setup is fairly simple. I have been part of Employee, Compensation and Recruiting scenario implementations at multiple clients. My experience is that, for a seasoned PI resource, this should be a pretty simple task.

For best practices, please refer the link: SAP Best Practices for Human Capital Management – SAP Help Portal Page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nageshwar,

Can you provide more inputs based on real time experience for below

1) When we export the employee and org data from SAP HCM, how the login and logout message will get trigger. please share scenario steps which need to be designed.

Do we need to have BPM to execute the above steps in sequence.

Regards,

Prakash

praveen_sutra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Prakash,

Answering your 1st question:

we don't need to design anything. All the scenarios shipped by SAP are pre-designed and takes care of all the scenario. we only need to do the configuration part(ID).

As far as design of Login and Logout is concerned as per my understanding everytime HCM system makes a call first login operation will be called then the session id generated will be fetched if login successfull and then the respective operation is carried and then once the operation is successfully executed logout is called and the session ID is expired.

This goes for every single operation that is carried from SAP HCM <--> SAP PI <--> Successfactor.

steps required for configuration using SOAP(Axis) Adapter.

Hope that answers your question.

thanks and regards,

Praveen T

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

As mentioned by Praveen, Everything is taken care by HCM system. login, logout are independent interfaces and the program on the HCM, first calls the login interface to get the session id and then performs the required operations and at the end logs out.

You do not need BPM.

SAP provides process integration scenarios and corresponding communication channel templates. The development effort is minimal when you use the process integration scenarios and the communication channels to configure the scenarios.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you please provide details if there is any Standard Content for Assessor Profile .

Thanks & Regards,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Finny,

Can you please clarify below points in case of SFSF adapter

1)Incase if a entity does not support Query operation, is it possible to read data from the entity?

2)Generally how these entities are identified and whether custom entity can be created as per business requirement in successfactors.

3)How delta sync will work and any configuration is required in adapter level or successfactors end?

4)Whether SFSF adapter can be hosted in the De-Central Adapter Engine?

Kindly provide your inputs.

Thanks & Regards,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)Incase if a entity does not support Query operation, is it possible to read data from the entity?

No.

2)Generally how these entities are identified and whether custom entity can be created as per business requirement in successfactors.

No. Not Without sfsf support.

only odata entity can be built with generic object.

3)How delta sync will work and any configuration is required in adapter level or successfactors end?

where clause will be required in sfsf connector.

built query through Juno for this . it will help.

finny can answer this.

finny_babu
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Finny,

Thanks for your inputs.

Is it possible to perform Insert/Update/Upsert operation on Adhoc Entities? 

In Kepler tool if we select the Adhoc entity, it is allowing only query operation so if business needs to transfer data from one successfactor adhoc entity to another adhoc entity whether this kind of scenario is feasible?

Thanks & Regards,

Prakash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Thank you all for the information provided.I need your help regarding the

LMS integration using standard curriculum connector between SF - SAP and since I am not full aware of the capabilities of SF I need your help regarding this.

We  need to track Completion status of LMS curricula used for professional education in SAP since there are pay related consequences.

Please let me know if the query is still  not clear.Please provide me details into this integration (on Partner Portal f.e) .

I have done my research but couldn't land up on a proper resolution  so please provide me a solution from a technical perspective as the configuration is done for this scenario.

Thanks,

Benoy