cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extract data from .db file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i am having a client requirement , the scenario is like this. I have my custom agentry application which is capturing the data from client and then using java steplate classes i am able to synchronize the data to back end database. In some scenario i have capture the information offline and now some how i am not able to connect to internet and that's why cannot synchronize the data to back end. How i can sync the data other wise i will lost all the data which i capture offline. I know there is a .db file which is generated when ever we are doing any offline work on agentry application. I am able to open the .db file also but the data is very weird. Is there any way where i can copy this data to some other ipad so that user can move this data to other ipad and synchronize.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Agentry Client by default is an off line client that only only send the data to the backend by transactions during transmits, or by background sending.  If the client is in on off line state, the data will wait there until the next time the user transmits and then the transactions will be send to the backend and at that time be ran by the Java Steplets.  The Java Steplets are not access by the client, only when by the server when the client sends the information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i totally agree with you about offline storage. But if i want to use the that data for testing or in worst case my ipad will never be online or OS is corrupted and now i want to copy the data which i saved in that ipad to some other ipad or some other device how i can do that?

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Amitoj,

While you can export the database to whatever location you want.  The internal structures within the database are not defined and documented for use by other applications.  This is an internal object store for the Agentry client and not designed to be queried or modified by external applications.

There is no provision to import the database back into a client on another device or reference it from a client to see what is contained within the database,   The export option exists to allow for sending a copy to support for troubleshooting or use in creating a branded client with a pre-built database only.

--Bill

former_member197782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Very useful info regarding Agentry.db file.

But here I have doubt.

If the Agentry.db file was not importable to another client /device for reference and also tehre is no possibility to see the contents of it. Then how the support team will make use of this Agentry.db file.

How it would be helpful for them to troubleshoot the issue and can we see the data within AgentryDB file using any of the decryption mechanism?

Please comment.

Thanks in Advance,

Roopa M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

By exporting the client, support can load it into a new local client from them and open the client with the exsiting data.  This way they can reporduce the issue reported.

0 Kudos

Import of the DB for viewing in local client is only possible if the DB is not encrypted.

thanks

Chandra

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Roopa,

For your questions the agentry.db, we take your database which normally is used to show a client bug. For example, if you have an issue clicking a button then it crashes or if you click on this functional location search and it should fire a rule but it does not.  Client bugs are normally handled through dumping your Agentry.db (client dump). We then download the same version of the software in our own internal server. We then assign this data and hopefully the database does not require a sync. So when we force to run it (without synching) in the same software the customer is using, hopefully we can reproduce the client issue.

The key technique here is that the data dump should not make us transmit as this will be problematic as we have no access to the backend.

The Agentry.db is used differently between iOS and Android. In Android you have to brand this client (as mentioned by Bill) and create a new install APK file. We then use the APK file to install in our branded client (we normally would not transmit as this will fail).

This Agentry.db is only to be used to replicate a client bug. There is no easy way to force it to transmit the old saved data.  In older clients like the WinCE you can try saving logs file but sometimes when you transmit it may corrupt the current data on the client but sometimes the data gets transmitted but for the most part it does not work flawlessly.

Best Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

former_member197782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark & Steve,

Thanks for the useful information.

Really helpful.

Thanks,

Roopa M.

Answers (0)