cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syclo Agentry Field Date and Time (Time Zone Adjust )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All , What is Time Zone Adjust inside Date and Time Property inside object ? Because I am facing some time zone issue . If i double click on Time Zone Adjust i can find below values : 1) From System Connection Local Time . 2) From System Connection Standard Time . 3) Do not Adjust . 4) From Univesal Time . Ex : When i debug and check for get method then debuging value is correct but while showing in iPad client 1 hr before . There is 1 hr difference i am facing . Currently Time Zone Adjust is <> Can you provide some suggetion on it ? Thanks & Regards,   Kunal Varaiya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

This attribute (Time Zone Adjust) checks whether to adjust the date and time value of the property during synchronization based on time zone difference. Inside the object, the value retrieved from the backend system can be adjusted with the backend system local time, standard time, or universal time to the client device time zone, based on the selection.

Thanks

Resmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Resmi , Thanks for your replay... What is exactly -- Backend system local time -- Standard time -- Universal time -- or do not adjust when it will vary . Can you explain with some example ? Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

The date and time property stores calendar date and time. The time zone adjust decides whether ot not adjust the values based on difference in the time zones. The values retrieved on the object from SAP backend- this can be either default SAP backend system time/ local or standard time (if there are any time zone adjustment done through Java) - Object retrieved the Universal time/other time that will be adjusted to the relevant client time. The default attribute is "do not adjust", this will not do the adjustment of date and time value during the sync. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Resmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Resmi , Thank you so much for your replay ... I have one scenario where i am facing time zone variation . Ex : Create work order with notification . 1) Notification create with correct Mul.Start Date 2) When i try to download to iPad device then showing 1 hr early . Note : i debug also SAP Get method AUZTV field also is giving correct time . So , I am assuming while passing via agentry server there something is happing . Agnetry Server : Agentry.ini file info is below : _______________________________________________________________________________ [TimeZoneAlias] New York=(UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada) GMT=(UTC) Coordinated Universal Time Greenwich Mean Time=(UTC) Coordinated Universal Time Amsterdam=(UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna Midden-Europese standaardtijd=(UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna Paris=(UTC+01:00) Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris heure normale de l’Europe centrale = (UTC+01:00) Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris _______________________________________________________________________________ timeZoneName=(UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna ______________________________________________________________________________ Error : Client Time Zone 'Midden-Europese standaardtijd|Europe/Amsterdam' is not recognized and no alias was found in TimeZoneAliases in Agentry.ini ______________________________________________________________________________ Can you provide some suggestion here ? Thanks & Regards , Kunal Varaiya

0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

The Timezone Alias works as below:

In the handheld client, verify the specific time zone setting.  If on a PC, go to the date/time property and verify what the time zone is set to.  To set up the client time zone alias in Agentry, the following format is needed.

Syntax:  Time Zone Alias (as seen on the Client) = (Settings in the Region Time/Date as seen on
the Server where Agentry is installed)

The spelling has to be exactly what is seen on the mobile device. The Mobile Device timezone transmits to the Agentry Server , it maps based on what the server understands, then transmit back to the Backend. Agentry server while adjusting the timezone gets the list of timezones from Windows registry. Some of the timezone settings may not be recognized by the Windows OS in the server. Please verify the same.

Also, navigate to the [Java-1] section of the file and set the following attribute to the time zone that the SAP system is set to:

Syntax: timeZoneName=SAP’s Time Zone Name

where the timeZoneName value must match the time zone value on the OS of the server exactly. The time zone setting can be found in the sever’s registry setting: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Resmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Resmi , Thanks you so much ... I will try and update you . Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya