cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date Scheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I need some help for date scheduling . I am doing Backward scheduling in my project. My network start date is 03.11.2014 and end date is 20.11.2014. I have assigned 4 Activities 1) Internal activity 2) External activity 3) Service 4) General cost. PFA screen shot for the same.

Request you to please help me on this issue.

Question:-

1) My external activity(PS02) it is in critical. How it is possible???? Its having start date at 12.11.2014 .

2) PS02 and PS04 both are external activities but dates are different. Earliest start/ finish & Latest Start/Finish.

3) Is critical activity is based on float?????

4) My network start date is 03.11.2014 and my activity PS02 still is in critical????? how it is possible??? that activity still have 9 days to start.??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

hope you should go through threads posted over or go to the SAP Help it shall be more helpful

still for your understanding..

when you say that activity is having FS and SS then the dates mentioned above seems to be perfectly all right with the float

activity is critical when there is no float,there is no float in any of the above activities except 30 hence there is difference in dates in act 30

ellobration

10  duration 7days  start date 03.11 end date 11.11 reason check the calendar and holidays

10 to 20 relationship mentioned is FS hence activity starts on12.11 it is also right with duration as 8 days so finish date 20.11 is also fine

but you have relation ships SS to SS for 20 with 30 and 40 so that too works fine

i dont see any error above

u still have some other link in between 10 and 20 that needs to be checked .

let others too comment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushrut,

Thanks for your reply.

My doubt is while calculating Earliest start/ finish & Latest Start/Finish..... Is system is taking network start and end dates?????. then why there is difference in dates of PS02 and PS04????.

My point is ...... network start date is 03.11.2014 and my activity PS02 start date is 12.11.2014. Still having plenty of days to be covered. that activity still have 9 days to start. but still this activity in critical.. how???

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

sir you do not have plenty of days as intial relation ship is finish to start means that when you complete your activity 10 then only you can start activity 20

hence it is critical.

for network start and end dates check the profile settings.and refer to SAP Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sushrut.

you are right... but for completing my first activity (10) still 7 days to be covered. then only my 2nd  activity (20) will be start due to relationship. means it is having 7days but still it is in critical...How???

What i m not getting is calculating Earliest start/ finish & Latest Start/Finish of my activity (PS02 and PS04). Its different ...please go through the Screen shot for the same.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

If you feel the external activity is critical, then why it has FS relationship with activty 20.

Since you have given FS, system is taking date finish date of the first activity.

This is what i understood from your query, so please brief in detail if this does not solves your query.

Regards

Terence