Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Word Document from ITS

christof_kohler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey,

i want to open a Word Document "write protected" via ITS, until now I used the FM ALEWEB_DOWNLOAD". The combination of GUI_DOWNLOAD and WS_EXECUTE works, but the document is opened in the "normal" mode and before the word application opens I get a popup requester window.

I would like to reach the Word application on the client by OLE2 but i don't know how this works through the ITS?

Has anybody experience with this problem?

Thank you!

Greets

Christof

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185704
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christof,

Please have a look at SAP Note 314568 and at this thread I hope that is helpful for you.

Best regards,

Henning.

christof_kohler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey,

unfortunetaly I get an exception. But I'm not sure if my question was clear enough.

I want to open an application on a client through the web browser.

I use generated SAP WEB GUI screens which look like the SAP GUI. A double click on the result list in the web browser should open an application (word) on the client and display a document.

This works so far with the function module 'ALEWEB_DOWNLOAD' but causes some other problems, thats why I'm trying to find an alternative.

I think that using the class 'cl_gui_frontend_services' the server looks for the application on the ITS and not on the client. But I'm not sure at all.

Thanks a lot!

Christof

Answers (0)