cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM tool fails to run in SOLMAN installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an SAP solman 7.1 installed in windows 2008 R2.

Database is MAX DB.

When I run the SUM tool-- startup.bat.

E:\SUM\SUM>startup.bat

SAP directory - E:\usr\sap

Directory of the SAP system SAPE:\usr\sap\SAP does not exist.

How do I resolve this error. I am using SUM tool to upgrade to the latest kernels.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I believe the issue you are facing is addressed in the SUM guide chapter 5.1

5.1 Meeting the Requirements for the SUM Directory

https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000783582011E/sum_abap_windows_oracle.pdf

5.1 Meeting the Requirements for the SUM Directory

If you do not specify a path when you unpack the Software Update Manager package, the SUM directory is automatically created as a subdirectory of the directory where you unpack the software package. However, we recommend that you use the standard path <DRIVE>:\usr\sap\<SAPSID>.

Note

If a directory with this name already exists, it has to be empty. Otherwise the startup of the update fails.

If you use for the SUM directory another location than the standard path <DRIVE>:\usr\sap\<SAPSID>, you have to copy the access control list (ACL) from the <SAPSID> directory to your SUM

directory. For this, you open the powershell console with elevated rights and enter a command with the following structure:

set-acl [SUM directory] (get-acl [<SAPSID> directory]).

Example

Your SUM directory is located in D:\SUM.

Your <SAPSID> directory is located in C:\usr\sap\SID.

You enter the following command in the powershell console with elevated rights: set-acl D:\SUM (get-acl C:\usr\sap\SID)

Caution

● Do not use symbolic links to remote directories.

● Do not use volume mount points.

● Set security settings even for local symbolic links or junctions. If you use for example the SUM directory D:\SUM and a symbolic link to C:\usr\sap\SID\SUM, you enter the same above-mentioned command in the powershell console.

● Alternatively, you extract the Software Update Manager under the <SAPSID> directory.

Source : SUM Guide 1.0 SP11

Regards

Reagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank for the reply and link. But can you please tell me the ssl certificates and its importance.

Right now if i access

http://localhost:5000/nwa

I am not able to login using SAP*.

when i  login with ddic it says you do not have  permission.

Can you please tell me how to resolve the error.

The documentation was helpful.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I am not sure what the issue you have now as the initial question is related to SUM.

As this is a dual stack system are you able to login into the ABAP stack? The port number should be 5<NN>00

You can only login using SAP* if you know the password or if you have activated the emergency user. if you want to access the J2EE stack then either create a new user by copying the J2EE_ADMIN user and use it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not configured any other things in the SOLMAN.

After the fresh installation I have just started the SUM tool to upgrade to latest packages. can you please tell me how to maintain ports and what are the initial setup to run the SOLMAN.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If you have installed a Solution Manager then first read the configuration guide.

https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000631982012E.PDF

To update the support packages using SUM you need to create a stack file first.

You need to provide more details about the issue you are facing.

All the guides are available under http://service.sap.com/instguides - SAP Solution Manager

Regards

Reagan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi harshan,

You should refer the guide once.

For 1st issue, RB has provided you the text that you should follow.

For other, use J2EE_ADMIN or any other privileged Admin user.

Regards,

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

From where you're executing the *.bat file .Try to copy SUM E:\usr\sap\<SID>\SUM

and from there try to re execute the startup.bat file.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thku for the reply.

But copy and pasting does not help.

We need to extract it again so that the extractor knows the exact path.

Thank you the quick response.