cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question About Integration MII and Crystal Reports

0 Kudos

hello,

I don't know if this discussion belongs to this MII Community or to Crystal Reports community.

I have been ask to integrate between MII and Crystal Reports.

I am following  this integration guide

that telling:"The prerequisite for following the below steps is that you have already installed SAP Crystal Reports 2011

FP3"

the MIS Manager has told me that our Crystal Reports is part of our Businesses Objects Bundle package, but i can't find any installation of it in the BO server.

i do need to know , if for my task can be made by using other than Crystal Reports 2011 version ( For example: 2008)

and , how can i check if my bundle Package contain the right crystal reports version license for that.

i tried to follow the above integration guide, using Crystal Reports 2008 designer, without success.

Thanks

Ariel.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ariel,

Did you edit your CRConfig file while using the MII connector? What error did you get when you tried using this guide for Crystal Reports 2008?

Regards,

Anushree

0 Kudos

Hello,

i can not make the crystal report use the MIIconnector i get this error while trying:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ariel,

Where have you placed the JDBC connector? What entry have you maintained in the CRConfig file.

Regards,
Anushree

0 Kudos

Hello Anushree,

i Have Install Crystal Report 2011,

the new error:

i put the JDBC connector in :

C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java\lib\external\CRMIIConnector.jar

and added to CRConfig.xml the following lines:

<Classpath>C:\Program Files\\SAP BusinessObjects\\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java/lib/external/CRMIIConnector.jar;

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ariel,

The error is self explanatory. Please check your connection URL format.

Please post your URL here.

Regards,

Anushree

0 Kudos

this is the URL:

jdbc:sapxmii://myMEservername.mydomain.co.il:portnumber/

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ariel

Is your MII Server running in HTTPS mode? then you need to add the ssl=true param to the jdbc driver URL.

jdbc:sapxmii://<host>:<https-port>/?ssl=true

Also you need to perform these steps along with this change.

You also need to import MII server certificate into the keystore of the jvm where Crystal Reports is running from the command prompt.

For this you first need to export the server certificate from a browser.

Once you have the certificate stored in some location say: <local_drive>\MII\Certificates\MII_Server.cer, you can use the following command to import it into the keystore:

<CR_Install_Dir>\\"SAP BusinessObjects"\\"SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0"\\win32_x86\\jdk\\jre6\\bin\\keytool.exe -import -file <local_drive>\MII\Certificates\MII_Server.cer -keystore <CR_Install_Dir>\\"SAP BusinessObjects"\\"SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0"\\win32_x86\\jdk\\jre6\\lib\\security\\cacerts -alias aliasname

Restart SAP Crystal Reports designer if open during the above step to reflect the keystore changes.

Regards

Partha

0 Kudos

Hello Partha,

our server is configured to run HTTP and HTTPS ,

using web browser i can go to : http://myMEservername.mydomain.co.il:portnumber/XMII

Thanks