cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion in Picking / packing time and lead time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i have a small confusion when I try to figure out how the delivery is schedueled.

Acutally i have several questions which confuses me.

1. in Shipping point definition, there is a field called "Working times" ,

with F1 help of this field there is the following information.

"

Use

If work times are defined, lead times can be set in hours/minutes and applied to the work times."

1.1 so my first question is  : how to understand the lead time here, is this lead time of transportation planning ( like below ) ???

if the answer above is "yes" , I found this lead time is defined in route in SPRO, there are 2 fields

- Transport lead time  ( days )  -

-  Transport lead time ( hours ) -Depending on the shipping point, the system uses the transportation lead time either in calendar days or in hours/minutes (if the working hours have been maintained in the referring shipping point).

it seems, whether the 2nd field ( hrs ) would be used depends on settings in shipping point.

? is it true, if "work times" is blank, then Transportation planning lead time can only be days ( with 2 decimals places )?

? Can you explain roughly how to set my "working times " field,  so that the 2 fields in route can be considered accordingly . e.g. working times is set like for NL, Mon- Fri 6:00 - 18:00.  ???  transp. lead time ( days ) = 2,  trp.lead time ( hrs ) = 5 hrs,  then what would be the transportation lead time ?

1.3.  after reading some threads here, some one also saids, this field defines when shipping points works on a day. ( it sounds to me more reasonable )

e.g. if the delivery is created on 7 Pm, but the profile defined in this field defines the working time is like above only till 5 pm, the GI could not be made. But how can I understand this concerning the delivery planning. ? does that mean, it would take another 12 hours as lead time until the next day 8 am ?

2.  I found the following link about all times used in delivery

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/dd/5607e7545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

e..g Pick packing time

is calculated using the shipping point, the route, and the weight group of the order item.

if i choose A in shipping point as route dependent, and give in field Pick/pack time wrkdys = 10. , then how come the pick pack time in order would be influenced by route and weight group ? ( I have not found any picking packing time defined on route level )?

And same question goes for loading time, how the route and loading grp of material would play a role to determine the loading time ?

Thanks!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Recke,

these are good questions!

in order to answer these one has to read theory and perform tests.

1.1 yes, it is lead time of transport planning.

i worked in a freight forwarding company. everyday the transport planner used to arrange / plan for trucks. the lead time is the time taken by the planner to (communicate) arrange for a truck, until the truck is at the door of the warehouse, where loading can be done.

2. pick pack time will be different for goods with different weight

loading time will be different if the loading process is automated (for example forklift trucks are used) or done manually (warehouse staff physically load the truck). this is dictated by the loading group.

tw