Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instance is not showing in Workload details in ST03n

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

when i logged in ST03n, i clicked into Expert mode. When i selected Workload (on Left side), my instance is not showing. And also current date is not showing.

Also the current data .ie, last measurement is showing the data which contains two years before.

Can anyone pls help me ??

Awaiting ur earliest reply

Regards

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Do you see a "Refresh" icon at the top of the screen? Click on that and check after sometime.

Regards

Reagan

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

but why "refresh" button in ST03? As far as I know it will not schedule the workload collector job to run regularly.  Workload collector needs to be checked and scheduled if not running in SM36 under "standard jobs" button.

Regards,
Alwina

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Alwina

I never said that will "schedule" a background job forever but as far as I know this should trigger a background job to update the information (I have noticed it during system copies).

Regards

Reagan

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

but it will solve the issue only once, one cannot refresh ST03 every hour manually 😉

Regards,
Alwina

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Alwina,

I am aware of that and for scheduling it should be done from Tx SM36 as suggested in the SAP note 16083 - Standard jobs, reorganization jobs

If by triggering the job brings in the system in Tx ST03 then the solution is to schedule the job.

Regards

Reagan

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello alwina,

can u pls tell me the steps for Schedule the Workload Collector?

Regards

Praveen

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

a disadvantage for pressing "Refresh" is, that the calculation is started in the client where you are currently logged on and under your user, and it is not always the correct client. It must be always the client 000.

Regards,
Alwina

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Again, I am aware of all these as the SAP note I have pointed out is very old and that has the information you provided and thanks. My point is to trigger the job and see if it brings the AS under ST03N and if yes then schedule the job as suggested as the "Refresh" option will only trigger the job once.

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Alwina,

My post in other forum was deleted. Can u explain one more time after saving the details?

Awaiting ur earliest reply

Regards

Praveen

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

you should choose for "StartTime" "Immed." and press "Save" (or Ctrl.+S), and this will release the job. If another workload collector job is already released, you will get a warning about it.

Regards,
Alwina

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

thanks for clarification. I would like to have these recommendations stored in this discussion thread, because these are the recommendation which we give in SAP support, another people with the same issue can follow it. And in case of missing data in ST03 the first step is always to check the job.

Regards,
Alwina

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Alwina,

Thanks for your vaIuable reply.

I have done as per u have mentioned. But when i checked BI Workload , i selected today, then the following screen apperas.

Kindly help.

Regards

Praveen

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

the BI statistics in ST03 should be checked with a BW expert, collection of this statistics needs to be activated as per note:

934848 - Collective note: (FAQ) BI Administration Cockpit

and you should check if you have data in the InfoProvider from the error message in ST03.

Sorry, I do not know details how BI statistics is activated, ST03 only displays collected statistics on the BW side.

Regards,
Alwina

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

Here also there is no BW expert. Anyway thansk for your timely answers.

Regards

Praveen

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

you are welcome 🙂

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check table SAPWLSERV which hosts are defined and check the mentioned Standardjob

regards

robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

please ensure that the workload collector job SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFMONITOR is correctly scheduled. It has to run in client 000 under the user DDIC once per hour, and it should start the report RSCOLL00 as a step.

Regards,
Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Its occurs some of the reasons

1. Check any SAP standard jobs are failed (SM36)

2. Check any user authorization failure (SU53)

above reasons, workload monitor failed to capture

Regards,

Dhuvaraganathan M.