Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to do in project system with investment management

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you please tell me basic functionality of SAP PS with investment mangement?

I have gone through purpose through various links.

But I want to know...how to use it as end user means basic steps ?

Also there are some budget profile , planning profile, status profile maintiained in program type..

All are these different from that what we maintained in Project System because transaction code are different.

for ex:- project system planning profile in OPSB while Invest.manag. planning profile is OIP1

It is creating some confusion..

If it is different , then how we use it in PS and how it is different from PS planning profile..

Like this other things are different..

Can someone tell me the basic process from starting ...means how to create project with invest. manag.

There is one more requirement . AUC will create automatically when wbs get released?

Thanks

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sammar81
Employee
Employee

Hi Rahul,

If I have understood your question correctly you want a quick guide on the integration between PS and IM. It is hard to provide a quick answers to your questions because PS/IM works in different scenarios..

Lets take a simple scenarios wherein you want to purchase or build an asset.

Below are the steps you need to configure in SAP PS and IM on a high level to get going..

1. Create a Investment Program and Position IDs in IM.

2. Create a Project Profile in PS.

3. Define Planning and Budgeting profiles in IM and PS. No problems whether you use OPSB or OIP1.

4. Do setting in Projects as investment measures.

5. Create Investment profile..

Once these settings are done.. you can create your Investment Project and assign the IM program and position ID to the WBS to get the budget flow from IM to PS.. later you can distribute this assigned budget to lower level WBS.

If you want automatic creation of AUC you should assign the Investment Profile to the WBS and upon release of WBS AUC will be generated.  Once you settle the cost for this wbs system will generate the AUC. later on you can pass this cost to Fixed asset..

Hope it helps..

Regards

Sammar.

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sammar,

I admire you for your quick Response.

I need littile bit more elaboration.

There is one term called appropriation request ...what is that alll about?

Also, if suppose I am creating project in cj20n and want to link with IM for auto creation of AUC. how it can be achieve ?

means if invest. profile is maintained in Project prfoile ..will it be done automatically?

How to assign the IM program and position ID to the WBS to get the budget flow from IM to PS?

is there any transaction to transfer planning and budgeting of IM to PS project.

and also transaction to do planning and budgeting in IM also tell.

if I need to create project automatically ,, what I supposed to do and in what scenerio ..we do this?

Again thanks for great reply.

Thanks

Rahul

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul

answering these question will require writing all the SPRO settings of IM here.. anyways I will try and answer as much as i can..

1. Appropriation Requests are used to approve a business case and thereafter create an Investment project. You can make it stand alone process or you can get a project created once appropriation request is approved by all the stakeholders to create project..

2. Linking IM to PS Project.. In CJ20n you have in the menu of selecting the Investment management and thereby assigning the IM Program and position ID to the WBS. It should be in extras i think.. don't have system right now to give you the exact path..

3. Auto Creation of AUC will happen once you assign the investment profile to the WBS and REL the WBS.. later when you do the settlement the AUC settlement rule will be auto generated by the sytsem..

4. Once you assign the IM position ID to the WBS the budget is automatically taken up from the Position ID.. In the PS budget profile you have to make sure the IM object type is selected and same is being used in project profile..

5. for t-code go the IM menu in the SAP menu and everything is listed there... I think it is IM52 .. IM38 for budgeting.. and planning is  IM31/IM32 or IM34 etc.. you can check these yourself using the menu path..

Hope it helps..

Sammar

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sammar,

It helps me a lot .thanks for your valuable Response.

Also, It would be good, If you can provide me details of settings for IM -PS  in SAP.

Thanks again

Rahul

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Please refer to the below thread for IM configuration

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/fd/45add69d6411d189b60000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Regards

Sammar

Answers (0)