cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPCA versus SPAU+UCIA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP-Gurus,

please help me understand this three concepts.

-- BPCA is used  to reduce the testscope. It identify the affected objects and it is executed in Solman. Right?

-- SPAU is executed in ERP System and provide the list of affected Standard objects.

-- UCIA ist executed in SolMan(CDMC) and give the list of affected custom objects

So my question is: do i really need to run BPCA, if i already have both SPAU and UCIA lists ( they give me well the affeted standard and custom objects) ?

BPCA ist currently not configures in our Workcenter. Which additional value will we have by using BPCA? Is the effort worth at all?

Thank you in advance

Best regards

Felix

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Something to consider instead of BPCA is the Scope and Effort Analyzer (SEA) which will create your business process structure, create TBOMs semi dynamically, and tie your custom code from your Dev system; bundle it all together and shoot it off to SAP.  SAP will then deliver results on how much effort it will take for testing post SPS/Ehp upgrades.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Warring,

thank you very much for your answer.

"Billy Warring wrote:

bundle it all together and shoot it off to SAP.  SAP will then deliver results on how much effort it will take for testing post SPS/Ehp upgrades.

"

do you mean here SAP Support or SAP Solution Manager? Is the result quality the same if UPL is not  activated? It mean we created TBOMS statically.

Can i use SEA without UPL data?

Thanks

Best regards

Felix

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe you can supply your own TBoMs for the process, which then would make UPL a mute point (for customers who don't have TBoMs, this is the solution to get the TBoMs).  I do believe the info is sent to SAP and delivered back via SolMan.

Something to consider, having UPL enabled is something that has to be done prior to running the TBoM generations and it runs at the kernel level so you should see no impact on the performance front.  It could be a way to verify the TBoMs you have are still valid for the business.

Answers (0)