Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same External Number Range for two Customer Account Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

There is a scenario in number range ie: -

I have two customer account group ZSEP (Sales Employee) and ZVAN (Van Man) this are two account group but the person is one only.

Suppose Henry is a Sales Employee of the company and he is a VanMan who is doing sales on VAN.

Now the scenario is that, for this two Customer acc. Group ZSEP and ZVAN we want one External Customer code, ie: same number range for two different customer acc. Group.

I tried it by assigning same external number range via XDN1 but it is not picking the same customer code for two different cust acc group., showing the error of ”Customer already exist in sales area”

I have searched in the forum also but didn't have the relevant information.

Kindly suggest me how can I give the same external number range to two different Cust. Acc. Group.

Regards

Parag Pandya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Pankaj_M
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Parag,

Yes the system is showing the exact error. actually you can assign same no range interval to the two different Customer account group. But once you created a customer with number, then system will not allow you to create the customer with the same number in differnet account group.

You have to create two different customer only if you are having two different account groups.

Thanks & regards,

Pankaj

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What are the partner functions of Sales employee and van man? In the configuration of partner determination procedure...what are the allowed partner functions for ZSEP and ZVAN?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Sales Employee and the Van man both are same person...1 man, and for this partner function is SE.

But we have 2 different customer account group(ZSEP and ZVAN) for this, becasue the vanman is an employee as well as we are treating him as a customer also becasue vanman is going to do the ready stock retail sales, that's why we created two different cust.acc.group .

Can you suggest how to create 600-700  invoices in one days without help of upload (BAPI or BADI or LSMW...)

Regards

Parag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

Interesting case, but why do you need ZVAN? when you are treating the Van man as customer, create him as ZSEP why ZVAN?, if the answer is to identify them separately then better to use different number range so that by looking as number you can say it's a Van man instead of searching the account group.

for 600 - 700 invoices? Are they only invoices without delivery or sales document?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bheem,

This 600 to 700 invoices are not only invoice, this are Sales order to delivery and then invoice...full cycle is there.

And the reason of making Van man as a Sales employee and Van man both was to track the sales of per Van and Van man daily targets vs actual sales and the van man is an employee also, thats why he will be having dual partner function.

Regards

Parag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You,

For clarifying the query.

Warm Regards

Parag Pandya

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

parag,

What do you want to do by giving a number to the sales employee and the van-man?

sales employee makes the sale. or he manages a particular customer.

the van-man is responsible for the transportation. you can say he is the freight forwarder (DHL, FedEx etc.)

But to assign customer numbers to this is not correct, as these are payed by your company.

tw

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for asking...!

Actually our client has a pure FMCG business of Bread's.

He sells the product via order capturing and the Van man takes the order one day before or on the phone and then the next day he deliverers the products.

So in scenario there are fixed routs,  fixed delivery vehicle, fix Vanman. This 3 combination go along with 1 route.

Van man delivers the good to the customer as per his route and make the collection of payments, along with that, he is doing the retailing of the product (ready stock sales) and sales extra product other then the customer orders, which we call as Van Sales.

There are 60 Routes on daily basis where 60 van goes along with its van man and specific drivers who is attached with Van.

Here our client make 600-700 invoice on daily basis. and along with that make the sales returns also which van man returns in the day end.

So here we have config in such a way when client select the route all the customer falls in that route will appear as a list, and the Van Man, vehicle and driver of that route.

Here we bill to van man also becasue he is doing the ready stock sales also, and in the day end he returns few material, which will be as return of stock.

Here we will create the return order of those products also which is expired or near expiry or damage.

It is quit complicated scenario.

We are still searching for a way out where i can get some help from some specific module, in which solution is given to handle such business models.....!

Kindly help me if you knows about such scenario.

Regards

Parag

vidyasagar24
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Parag,

I have some suggestion to you.

you can maintain the number range like to

ZSEP = A0000001

ZVAN = B0000001

Later, assign the ZVAN customer number to ZSEP customer master as a partner function.

Best Regards

Vidya Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou,

But can any one reply on my last message....?

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Parag,

There is no specific module to handle the scenario that you have explained.

Though there can be other options to handle it, example via Consignment Processing.

But I still come to basic question, if Sales Employee and Van man are same persons, why not use Partner functions rather than creating two different Customer Codes. Also in future it will be difficult to both the number range in perfect sync.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

Actually we were trying to do something with Partner function, so when the user will create the sales  order, he will get the Van Man, Vehicle, Route, and the Customers which falls in that route, driver. everything in one go.

We are trying to do some module pull to make something innovative screen, so the client will find it easy to understand it,  and its  purpose get solve easily.

Can you suggest how to create 600-700  invoices in one days without help of upload (BAPI or BADI or LSMW...)

And Consignment is a very different thing, we cant use it here...!

Regards

Parag

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Parag,

Scenario:

Company has a van. This van goes to various "shops" and sells bread.

There are two types of sales -

1. Shops have already given orders - In this case, van-man distributes the bread accordingly

2. On the spot selling - In this case, van-man is doing sales, these are on the spot orders, given by shops.

For 1 you want to keep customer as van-man

For 2 you want to keep customer as sales employee, who in fact is the same van-man

Design:

Keep only one customer i.e. van-man

Maintain two different order types (ZOR1 and ZOR2)

Questions:

Are orders created in SAP? when (after sale)? and how? (by a front end, 3rd party system OR SAP)?

What documents are created?

In return process, how and what documents are created?

tw

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear TW,

good effort , but some where you have misunderstood the scenario.

As i have told in my previous post that, we have make 600-700 Sales order - delivery creation - invoices in one days, that means there are that much customer's order which we have to bill in one day...this situation come daily, that  means 30 days daily 600 SO  to Invoices creation is required, It means there are so many  existing customer.

As per my knowledge my client has approximately 2000-2500 fixed customer which gets bill 10-15 times in months.

This is a pure FMCG business, where daily retailing (Ready Stock Sales) and Sales order's delivery is being created.

Here the Van Man is an Sales man who sales on Van and along with that, the same van man is doing the delivery to customers also.

I have sort out the situation, only stucked with how to create SO - Invoice cycle of 600 invoice per day....and along with that, sales return is also there, or Van man and the customers and the  damage or  near expiry material.

I hope this time i am more clear.

Regards

Parag

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Parag,

In order to make the scenario clear, I had structured my reply.

But still somethings remain slightly unclear.

Please answer below questions:

1. Who are the customers? shops or van man / sales employee?

2. If shops are the (fixed) customers, then why you want to create van man as customer?

as you said van man is the sales man (or an employee of the company)

3. In business, how does business know,

a. what items to put in an order?

b. who should be the customer?

4. When does business know these details?

5. Apart from SAP, currently some "paper work" must be there, for the van man and the customers, e.g. paper bill, delivery note etc. Explain this in detail

6. For each order is one delivery created?

For each delivery is one bill created?

typewriter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear TW,

There are different different customers in the market like Bakery shops, Institutes, FoodZones, Pvt.Canteens, Govt. Canteen....ETC....!

This are fix customer of the company who give the order 1 days before the delivery and next day delivery happens, and invoice is created for them.

The delivery man delivery the goods to these customer and make the collection of payment.

The Vanman is an Employee of the company but he is treated as an Hawker also, who is get billed from the company (Eg:- Vanman took - 10 units of material A, 15 unit of material B, 20 units of material C.....exz) so in this way he is billed for total amount, and this van man sells the goods in local retail market other then the fix customer of the company, and in this way he generates extra revenue for the company on daily basis. And in the end of the day, those material which he was not able to sold will be returned to the company as a return stock. And there could be some customer sales returns may happens.

Now we are creating Customer and Vanman as a different different identity because the role of both are very different.

The Vanman follow a fix route, this route is consist of 10-15 fix customer who gives order on phone to the company, so Vanman is only delivering the gods to the end customer, and then there are so many small small shops or retail outlets dairy's who buys very less quantity from van man on cash, thats why this vanman is taking extra material with him along with the fix delivery orders of the customers.

Dear Type Writer this is a very common and simple scenario of Indian FMCG business.

The only problem is that first time we are implementing on pure Retail customer base, where 600-700 invoices takes place on daily basis.

My Client is a manufacturer of Bread, He is having direct distributes, but along with that, company is quit small so they are themselves doing  the sales in the market to the end customer.

Regards

Parag

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Parag,

Thanks for explaining the business!

So, 600-700 transactions are purely for "unplanned" (on the spot) sale? OR is it all the sales (1 day before bookings & on the spot)?

Is client planning to create orders in SAP for unplanned sale up front?

and at the end of the day, create RE orders in SAP for those that did not sell?

typewriter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now you got it correct.....!

These 600-700 invoices are included the sales orders which are booked 1 day before the delivery, and the 60 Van man also included in this invoices.

There are no unplanned orders, every thing is planned, the only unplanned are return stocks, which could be from customer or from Vanman.

You got it correct, that client is going to book all these orders in system and then next day he will create the delivery and invoice before the Delivery Van goes into the market.

We have to generate the Loading Sheet of each Route (Loading sheet includes the total Stock quantity which is going in the truck, which include the Customer's orders as well as the vanman's stock which he is going to sell on spot to random customer)

And Finally at the end of the day, when Van returns, client has to make the sales return order for what  Van man was not able to sold (Calculation will be like - Stocked Issues - Stock Returned = Total Van man sales)  and the customer's return for which invoice was created or the market return of damage or expiry.

Bread is has a expiry of 3 days only, that's why the return's are very important and they have to stored as per freshness of the  material, (MFMO- Manufacture First Move Out)

Regards

Parag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Parag,

few queries:

How your company is capturing the order?

Are they creating SO in SAP manually?

if yes, you can have automatic delivery and automatic invoices everyday by scheduling background jobs like VF06.

Are they using any legacy system?

If they are still using legacy system to capture the order, you cann have a interface between that system and SAP.

Is your customer paying everyday? Who is collecting the payment, Vanman?

If the only issue is to create invoices ONLY, please create variant and schedule VF06 in background for the required frequency.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bheem,

Kindly read the post again, I have mention that customers are giving the order on phone or to the van man, and the other day it is got delivered.

As is said that every thing is manually there right now.All the SO are punched manually there and then delivery and invoices are created They are using some DBM kind of software, but now moving to sap to increase the productivity.

Legacy system is of no use.

The customer pays to Van man, only but the big customers may pay by different modes of payment.

Schedule Job is not effective here, becasue delivery is critical here, daily 60 van goes in the market, much of automation is not useful, becasue mistakes can not be rectify in it, or it will be difficult.

We are making it manual, by module pull, and working on it to make it more easier and conformable for client.

Is there any dedicated module for FMCG distribution...?

Regards

Parag.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Parag,

(as also commented by other members) If sales orders are created in SAP, then delivery and billing document creation can be automated. No problem!

We have to generate the Loading Sheet of each Route (Loading sheet includes the total Stock quantity which is going in the truck, which include the Customer's orders as well as the vanman's stock which he is going to sell on spot to random customer)

In SAP a delivery has 1 ship to address OR unloading place. You are talking about bread being dropped at many locations. So for this you have to use some thing other than delivery, probably shipments.

Loading sheet printout can be the printout of the shipment. This can be automated based on output functionality. No problem!

For Returns process, if RE order is created, then RE delivery can be automated. Actually have immediate delivery activated in RE order type, this will create delivery automatically.

typewriter

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Parag,

I am trying to read all the information in this thread...can you please point out where did you mention

Kindly read the post again, I have mention that customers are giving the order on phone 

Also important is what is the ratio for sales order: delivery: bill

is it 1:1:1 ?

if not then it might be more difficult.

SAP has some best practices for van sale. you can check that out.

tw

Former Member
0 Kudos

Parag,

There are two things, MANUAL or AUTOMATED.

You have already decided that automated is not suitable for you (while almost everybody is using it). Then the only option is manually. So what is requirement of asking the way to create 600 invoices. Creating 600 invoices manually...too much FTE. Business is using IT to reduce the manual efforts.

Secondly, as suggested by TW, for multiple deliveries in one truck, you need to use shipments so that you can combine all those deliveries in one shipment per truck.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Parag,

The sales employee and the van man are not customers. Why are you assigning customer nos. to these?

Further, in SAP, one customer number can be assigned to one customer.

Check table KNA1, transaction code SE16N

tw

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply, But the i want the same customer number for both the two customer account becasue those 2 cust. acc. group belong to one customer only...!

ZSEP and ZVAN this two is 1 customer so i want the same number for this customer.

Suppose i created 3 customer

ZSEP -  900001

ZVAN -  900001

ZSEP -  900002

ZVAN -  900002

ZSEP -  900003

ZVAN -  900003

in this way i want.

I hope i am more clear this time.

Regards

Parag.

Pankaj_M
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Parag,

I understood your problem, but in SAP system, once the number is availble in the database table, system will not allow you to create the customer with the same number.

You can create work around like.. you can create the same customer with different customer number like 900001V .

Hope this will help you to resolve the problem...

Thanks,

Pankaj

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check it with Partner functions as the number range assigned to two different Account Group can not overlap .

You will not be able to create 2 Customers in 2 different account groups with the same number .

Regards,

SRK.