cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability Check for only inbound invoiced quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

In Standard SAP, Purchase orders are taken in to account while doing the availability check . My client wants the availability check should happen on the inbound invoice and not on the purchase order while creating a Sales order. Below is the explanation with example .

Ex --A Purchase order has 100 quantities out of which for 80 quantities, inbound invoice (No Goods receipt) is created and for 20 no inbound invoice is created yet. So, while creating a sales order ,system should do the availability check on 80 quantities only for which inbound invoice has been created and not on the 20 quantities which have not been invoiced (Inbound) yet .

Please let me know how can i achieve this (Standard or development)

Thanks !

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sandeep,

An interesting question!

From your post it seems that business is not creating inbound deliveries (or ASN). why not?

Also, if PO is created for 100 and 80 has been received. what happens to the other 20? will it be received or not?

typewriter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Business creates the inbound delivery . In scenario i explained, inbound invoice & inbound delivery are already created and goods are in transit. Business wants this stock which is in transit to be considered for availability check while creating the sales order and not the whole purchase order quantity (100).

The remaining 20 quantity will be received in future date .

Thanks

Sandeep

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sandeep,

for your business case, activate "Incl. ship. notification" and deactivate "Incl. Purchase Orders" in OVZ9.

tw

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

How are you creating the "inbound invoice"? Which transaction? I didn't think you would be able to do this unless you had posted a GR but you state that you have not posted a GR....

Maybe you could provide us with screenshots to illustrate the exact process your are following?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the "Availability check control" (OVZ9) configuration for your availability check group and checking rule.  I am assuming that for inward movements both purchase order and shipping notification is checked.  If you don't want to include purchase order and want to include in-transit then please uncheck "Incl. purchase orders" and make sure "incl. ship. notification" is checked.

Hope this helps.

Text Removed  if helpful.

Thanks

Rajeev

Message was edited by: G Lakshmipathi

Don't add such text in your post.  Adhere to SCN rules

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
out of which for 80 quantities, inbound invoice (No Goods receipt) is created and for 20 no inbound invoice is created yet

Your above statement is contracdict to each other.  Nevertheless, if your client have inwarded 80 nos., and do MIGO and transferred to Unrestricted, then system would consider this.  Of course, there is a field "GR Processing Time" in MRP view of material master which is nothing but the number of days for inwarding, depends on which also, stock availability would vary.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

80 quantities have not inwarded yet , they are in goods in transit status which should be only considered while system performs availability check during sales order creation.

Thanks !

Sandeep