cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Agentry Windows Comand File Mappings And Cyrillic Text - Encoding Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I am trying to create(export) a file with some Cyrillic text in it from an Agentry application.

Here is what I do:

I am using a Windows Command step in an action. In this step there is a file mapping property. I am passing a string property to the above mentioned file mapping property. Using this I can successfully create a file that is written in Windows %TEMP% folder. The content of the file will be exactly the same as the string property, that I am passing. So far, so good. The problem is that if I write some text in Cyrillic in this string property and try to write it to a file, it doesn't work. The text that is supposed to be in Cyrillic is unreadable after the export. My guess is that the encoding is messed up.

Example:

If I write this:
тест
It will result in something like:

I am using Agentry Windows Client and Agentry Windows Test Environment for the tests.

Has anybody faced this problem before? And can you please give some advice about how to resolve the issue?

All help will be much appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds like you are running into a Windows Command Line issue, as it uses ASCII first.  Look at the following to see if it helps: Unicode characters in Windows command line - how? - Stack Overflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your response, Stephen Streeter!

The discussion that you suggested me to read is relevant and it helped me in a way. The discussion in the link is about changing the code page. The code page basically determines the encoding used for a program when writing/reading to/from a file.

Code page is connected to System locale in Windows. Basically the System locale determines the code page. And the code page determines the default encoding.

I think that when I am creating a file from Agentry, it uses the default code page to write to this file. The code page needed in order to write cyrilic to a file is 65001 (maybe there are others too, but it is not relevant). But, I think the default code page cannot be changed to 65001, as there is no System locale associated with this code page. And as the default code page cannot be 65001, Agentry cannot write Cyrillic text correctly to a file.

I know that it is possible to change the code page for a particular program. And I have done it for Command Prompt. If I manage to change the code page that Agentry uses, I think that this might solve my problem.

So the question is: do you know if there is a way to change the code page for Agentry? Or maybe any other way to tell Agentry to use Unicode when writing to a file?