Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attributes & Tabs Visibility

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I need to create 8-10 different roles for Create & Change material scenario.

For each role, I need to make few fields & tab's invisible and some read only.

Which is the recommended approach to work on this?

1. BADI

2. Creating new UI Configuration

3. Anything that I can do with BRF Plus to achieve this.

Thanks

Bala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pkiran1981
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

We have done the following:

- Added a ROLE parameter to the Application

- Fill the Role based on the step ( from a BRFPlus table to associate CRtype/step to Role) using the method CL_USMD_WD_PARAMETER_ACCESS~MODIFY_DATA (see where used list to know where to call this method as this depends on which domain you are working on i.e MDG-C or MDG-S or MDG-M)

- Use the BADI to get the role and get the field properties for the role from a BRFPlus decision table and set the properties for each entity accordingly. (You can also use CBA to customize UI based on the ROLE parameter. For this you need to copy the standard application and change the CBA profile used)

Regards,

Kiran

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

In addition the Context Based Adaptation for Material offers the following standard dimensions based on which you can make tabs invisible:

• Logical Action
  • Type of Change Request
  • Material Type
  • Workflow Step

You could look at the option of creating different Adaptations based on any combination of above dimensions.

For example, say you have 8-10 MDG Change Request Types created corresponding to each of the 8-10 MDG-Material roles then you can have different CBA Adaptations triggered based on the "Type of Change Request" which toggle the visibility of the tabs/UIBBS.

Best Regards

Uday Rao

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Well, the tools are

• USMD field control BAdI
  • Creating new UI configuration
  • Reimplementing the feeder classes to set field properties to "hidden/invisible"
  • Context Based Adaptation (CBA)

I believe BRF+ will not add any value for an out-of-the-box MDG-M concerning field properties.

Which one to use depends on a lot of things:

• How different are these UIs?
    • Big difference -> advantage for dedicated UI configurations
  • How big are these UIs?
  • How often are they likely to change / be enhanced at design time?
    • Changed often -> some overhead for different UI configurations
  • Will they change at runtime / within the current transaction?
    • If so, check the field control BAdI or feeder class reimplementation

My personal favorite is separate UI configurations (no coding in BAdI/feeder class, good separation of use cases, no performance penalty), but of course this breaks if you have tons of UIs which only differ in small places.

So the answer is a clear "it depends"...