cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while confirming the TO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

While moving the stock from one warehouse to another warehouse via Intra company stock transfer scenario, i was able to create TO after delivery getting created.  After creating the TO , while confirming i am getting the following error.

"Article is not the same for confirmation and delivery"

Did any one face the same issue, i tried looking at forums i couldn't find the resolution for this.

PS : this is new warehouse setup, when i run the same process in quality system this is working fine.

Can some let me know what i am missing...

Thanks

Ilyas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please share the error message number

also if possible mention the steps detail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your reply.

Sap Error message no is VL 217

Steps Created in SAP

1) PO creation- ME21N with document type 'UB'..

2) Creation of delivery via VL04 delivery type 'NL'

3) Creation of TO - LT03, TO item is generated

4) LT12 - confirmation of TO and here at this step i am getting the above error.

Hope its clear 🙂

Ilyas

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

error message description what you mentioned is not same when i am looking in my system."Article" = "Material"

I hope you might have already cross checked however still i am asking did you had a look on the material which is in delivery and the material which is in Transfer order

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had a look on the Transfer order confirmation program and unable to find any code for error E 217, my suggestion please take the help of your development team who can help by debugging and let u know the exact error message and reason for that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes manish, i am working on IS-Retail system where articles are materials are same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manish, i did debug and this what i have found which is strange. After the creation of TO i am going into LTAK and checking the entries below is what i found.

My sales document is 0080815422 against which i have created the TO, but system is referring to another sales document i.e. 0080661883.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not much familiar with the IS-Retail  with my knowledge in Standard without any add on System always check the  value maintained in the field Requirement number as a predecessor document number (Outbound Delivery number in this case) and value should be same in both Document and Requirement field

As per my understanding, the number should not be different in document and Requirement field. Is there any user exit or custom code is activated in your system during TO creation to update any custom data