cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP / Requirements transfer at configuration component level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi group,

We have a assembly-to-order scenario in which we use the variant configurator in SD (including variant pricing conditions) to configure a (single-level) material. This is exploded in a plant maintenance BoM for assembly including components (MM materials). There is currently no BoM maintained in SD, so we only have the top-level configurable material in the sales order.

A customer requirement is that we check stock availability at component level during sales order entry. My question is whether this is possible without using a sales BoM. If so we would prefer that option over a sales BoM, both for maintenance reasons as well as for oversight in the sales order (potentially many configurable materials per order).

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

K,

There is currently no BoM maintained in SD, so we only have the top-level configurable material in the sales order.

In the sales orders, only the main material is entered? (no sub-items)

also, there is no BOM created in CS03?

If this is the case, then how would the system link the main item with the sub item? to do further checks.

typewriter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys,

We do have a BOM in CS03, but (for now) only with usage 4 (Plant Maintenance) and not 5 (SD). The BOM gets exploded in the service order including the components. In order to have ATP at component level in the sales order I'd like to double check if I need to duplicate this BOM with usage 5, or whether the current configuration already allows me to do so.

Thanks again for your input!

K.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

K,

I am not 100% sure, I think you need to create BOM with BOM usage = 5

Create a sales order with main item and check if BOM is exploding?

If it doesn't then you have to create BOM master with 5 in CS01.

About ATP check, this functionality is in schedule line category. So with right configuration, you can check availability at sub-item level also.

This should be in line with inventory, if you are check sub-item available quantity, then business should maintain that stock too. (MMBE or CO09 etc.).

typewriter

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assemble to order with VC is make to order item. So when production order is created it will check the component availability.  To do the availability of components at the time of sales order entry, you may have to check the requirement type associated with the item.  There is an option in requirement type/requirement class to do the availability check for components in sales order.  It will display shortages for components based on the manufacturing super BOM associated with VC item.

These options are (Assembly type, online assembly, capacity check) under Assembly tab in requirement class.

Hope this helps

Thanks

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zweers,

There is a conceptual issue here.

If you talk of assembly order, the TOR is always at header level material because that is the final assembly. There is no individual TOR at the item level.

If you want Av Chk and TOR at item level, you can switch off these two at the main item level. In the BOM list, you can enable Av Chk and TOR for each of the components. If this is done, the Av Chk and TOR at component level. But to do this you should have these items as BOM items in the sales order.

If you dont these materials in the sales order BOM, then the only way possible is to create an assembly order as a result of TOR for the main item. This should be followed by BOM for the planned order (assmebly order) which can trigger the production order for the individual BOM items of the planned order.

Hope this helps