Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rename Structures generated by SPROXY

madhukarbhat
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to rename the structures generated by SPROXY transaction?

I am getting ASSERTION FAILED short dump when trying to rename a nested structure.

Please help with steps and screenshots

Thanks,

Madhukar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

madhukarbhat
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all your valuable suggestions,

I wanted to rename the structure only to make it as per our client's naming standards.

And I thought of changing the names in the PI system itself, but there the naming standards varies from that of ECC.

So we have told our client about this as an exception and will not be renaming any PROXY generated objects.

Thanks,

Madhukar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please have a look at the link below. It is not possible.

https://www.consolut.com/en/s/sap-ides-access/d/s/doc/YD-SXI_PROXY_BP_STILL_USED

Regards,

Jannus Botha

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhukar,

do you really needed to rename the abap proxy or you only need to do a map the abap proxy to your ECC dictionary types?. I think is it is not imperative you can do your abap dictionary types and to do a little map in the ECC.

Regards.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The first time you can rename a structure is when you have just generated it (not yet activated). The second time is just by editing it in SPROXY. The rename will only work on the ABAP TYPE REF TO, it will not affect the names of the fields when viewing it in SPROXY External or Internal view.

Regards,

Mark

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should not rename the structure after SPROXY generation. But if you make changes in the message structure in PI side then you might have to regenerate SPROXY (but before that you should delete all the previous versions of sproxies to enable the latest version to work.)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhukar,

AFAIK - we can not rename the structure generated by SPROXY.

regards,

Harish