cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading BLOB field from Oracle Database in Sender JDBC adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am having a requirement to read images from Oracle Database (Sender) to SAP ECC (Receiver).

My design would involve:

Sender JDBC adapter ( Images stored in Oracle Database) -> SAP PI 7.4 -> Inbound ABAP Proxy

To read the BLOB field from the JDBC table, I would be using a Stored Procedure with Select statement.

I also refered the blog written by Praveen Gujjeti in the blog

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2010/03/28/sap-xipi-storing-binaries-images-... but its a scenario which is just the reverse.

1.Once I call the Stored Procedure, can I store the BLOB field containing Hexadecimal String directly to ABAP table?

2.If not, should I create a Message Mapping UDF for the the BLOB field with the below code to convert HexadecimalString to Binary Array?

public static byte[] hexStringToByteArray(String s) { 

int len = s.length(); 

byte[] data = new byte[len / 2]; 

for (int i = 0; i < len; i += 2) { 

data[i / 2] = (byte) ((Character.digit(s.charAt(i), 16) << 4) 

+ Character.digit(s.charAt(i+1), 16)); 

} 

return data; 

3. If the above scenario populates the ABAP table , would an ABAP inbound proxy would be able to work? If not , please suggest the best solution?

Quick guidance would be appreciated.

Regards..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

I would recommend to create attachment in mapping using UDF with above method public static byte[] hexStringToByteArray(String s) output binary data.

Handle the image attachment in abap proxy according to your requirement

Best Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

Thanks for you response.

I have selected the option Read Attachment in Operation Mapping.

I don't have  experience in JAVA programs. I copied the method of the JAVA public static byte[] hexStringToByteArray(String s) into my UDF and this UDF I will place in between the Sender and Receiver BLOB field.

I have selected Execution Type as Single Value while creating the UDF.

While executing I am receiving the following error which you can observe in the screenshot.

Please correct me.

Regards..

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

Try with below UDF code and use UDF for target root node (or) BLOB field on target. Once you receive the proxy data (payload + image attachment), handle attachment accordingly. Payload has no significance as per your snap shot and I hope you are interested only with image data in ECC R/3

int len = s.length();

byte[] data = new byte[len / 2];

for (int i = 0; i < len; i += 2)

{

data[i / 2] = (byte) ((Character.digit(s.charAt(i), 16) << 4) + Character.digit(s.charAt(i+1), 16));

}

try

{

GlobalContainer globalContainer = container.getGlobalContainer();

OutputAttachments outputAttachments = globalContainer.getOutputAttachments();

Attachment newopAttachment = outputAttachments.create("ImageFileName.jpg", data);

outputAttachments.setAttachment(newopAttachment);

}

catch (Exception e)

{

e.printStackTrace();

//throw new StreamTransformationException(e.toString());

}

return "";

//BR,
Praveen Gujjeti

Message was edited by: Praveen Gujjeti

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

Just now i have a similar scenario i've read the blob in the ORACLE system and i send it to a server abap proxy. You only need to define the file in the XML payload like string and in the ECC like rawstring and later read it in the ECC with:

I pass to form the paramater: p_blfichero TYPE fpcontent

DATA: ft_pdf_bin TYPE STANDARD TABLE OF  bapiconten INITIAL SIZE 0 WITH HEADER LINE,
         f_tamano TYPE i.

* Se pasa el contenido hexadecimal a binario
   CALL FUNCTION 'SCMS_XSTRING_TO_BINARY'
     EXPORTING
       buffer          = p_blfichero
       append_to_table = 'X'
     IMPORTING
       output_length   = f_tamano
     TABLES
       binary_tab      = ft_pdf_bin.

Now in binary mode i can write it to filesystem, document reposotory, and so on.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Inaki,

Could you please share the Select Statement and Update Statement which you configured in your

Sender JDBC adapter for the BLOB column?

Regards..