cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on component configuration after enhancements to standard 0G model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using the standard 0G data model. We made a small enhancement to the data model 0G and activated. After that when we open any component configuration(custom or standard) it ends up with the below error message

"Feeder class does not provide  a valid field catalog"

"An exception with the type CX_SY_REF_IS_INITIAL occured"

Below is the screen shot of the same. Basically for all entities in 0G data model the field catalog is not present and hence this error occurs. Please provide pointers on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Thanks for the comments. We raised a message and have applied notes to get this issue resolved.

regards,

Ponraj M

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ponraj,

tell us what enhance ment you made.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SHankar,

I made one required field as optional in the data model. That is the only change that I did.

Regards,

Ponraj M

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ponraj,

which fields you made optional,check it dependancy with others and it types 1 or 4.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

I made the person responsible field in PCTR entity as optional. I guess after activating the data model, some where the fields are not properly cleared from buffer or so. I debugged and the exception is happening because of the method GET_INSTANCE in class CL_USMD_GENERIC_GENIL_TEXT. This method takes the data model as a input. However in my case this input is going as blank.

Regards,

Ponraj M

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ponraj,

In get instance the Go_model attributes are Protected,I am not sure how it behaves at run time.

May be that the reason you values are passing Blank,might be the feeder class is not able to pick that values...

0 Kudos

Hi Ponraj,

You could try and see if the MDG data model is set to 0G in your user personalization.

Here are the steps:

1. Transaction: SPERS_MAINT
  2. Click on Edit object or hit the F2 key
  3. Search for the Personalization Object Key with value: R_FMDM_MODEL
  4. Ensure the Standard Data Model is set to 0G

Here is the screenshot for your reference:

Hope this is helps.

Best Regards

Uday Rao