cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Jurisdiction derivation in MDG BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are deriving tax jurisdiction code from another SAP system through RFC call from MDG system. We have written our own derivation and its fetching the tax jurisdiction code from the other SAP system. But when I set this to the field in MDG UI, it clears the values and the tax jurisdiction field is always empty. I am not able to submit the CR as I get the standard error 'No jurisdiction code could be determined'. I am able to set the values for District though. Does this has anything to do with the UI field type since tax jurisdiction has associated F4 help.

Please send some pointers on this

Regards,

Ponraj M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have any tax jurisdiction service active (Vertex for example)? If so, MDG does use the standard activated services. Also, make sure to deactivate the corresponding step in the "CR Step Configuration" node.

I have a question for you, how does the other SAP system get its jurisdiction code? If through Vertex or any other service, you should use the same service in MDG. I know with Vertex, there should be no extra charge as long as you can connect to their cloud system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

We are using vertex service in the other SAP system. We dont want to maintain vertex configuration again in MDG system and hence we make RFC call to the other SAP system. Also we de-activated the CR step configuration node as well, but yet no success.

Regards,

Ponraj M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am assuming that the configuration u r referring to is to be done in the ECC of the MDG system and not as a enhancement in  MDG. 

If that is correct .. then when a user enters the address via MDG then the tax jurisdiction code is automatically updated on the MDG UI in real time . Ya ?

Message was edited by: Vinay Pawate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct, if tax jurisdiction integration (Vertex or any other provider) works in transactions XK02, XD02, or BP (in the ECC layer of the MDG box), then it will work in MDG screens.