Screen11 (Red Color)
Calendar0
OTR0
Tables0
  Generic Key58 (Red Color)
  Single record16 (Red Color)
Export/import7,311 (Red Color)
Exp./ Imp. SHM0

What should i understand by all the red color field ?

What are the standard parameter for Swaps.?

Is this Red indications is OK or else what will i have to do.?

Please guide me ...

Regards,

Junaid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Junaid ,

What should i understand by all the red color field ?

Ans=Red color show u the warning that you required system Tuning .

What are the standard parameter for Swaps.?

Ans= In ST02 their is one tab of detail analysis menu ...

click on it and in that menu their is Other buffers Option 

select one of them and you will see other the option of current parameter TAB

click on current parameter and you will get your standard parameter which are in RZ10 T-code

In RZ10 you have to select profiles with extended maintenance

you will get all parameter list in  default profile which is your standard parameter

Notice : If it is production server... don't change any thing in RZ10..without permission .

Thanks & Regards

Harshal Patel  

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Harshal..!!

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

JUNAID

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Swaps are not critical, it is just some data that has been pushed out of the SAP cache as it is getting full, or is running out of free entries.

The data could still be read from RDBMS, it might also be in the RDBMS cache.

The significance of the number of swaps will depend, at first on the uptime of the system (from what I know swaps counter in ST02 are only reset when the instance is stopped), the longer your system is up, the more swaps you could get.

The amount of available memory is another key criteria, if you system is short in memory it can be impossible to avoid swap.

The system usage can also have a big impact, if you've got a lot of users, working on very various sets of data (different SAP modules, countries, companies...) it can be difficult to avoid swaps.

1918603 - High swaps in transaction ST02

Regards

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply....!!!

I know that we can increase our system performance by increasing the value of the parameters by RZ10>>Instance Profile>>Extended Maintenance.

But what should we do if the system Kernel Release is less than 6.1,because the parameter which were changed in RZ10,not listed in our system .

The parameter which were not listed in RZ10  are :-

1. abap/buffersize ( Listed in RZ10,though we can increase the value of this parameter.
  2. zcsa/db_max_buftab(Not listed in RZ10,though we can not increase the value of this-                                                  parameter)
  3. zcsa/table_buffer_area ( "      "             "          "           "         "           "              "         " )
  4. rsdb/obj/max_object  ( "      "             "          "           "         "           "              "            "  )
  5. rsdb/obj/buffersize  ( "      "             "          "           "         "           "              "             "   )

Another point is,when we see the above parameter(not-listed parameters) from RZ11,it shows the default value & current value.But when we run RZ10 and trying to edit it not shown in listed parameters.

Why is it.??

My question is if we want to increase the value of the above parameters and if these are not listed,what should i do.?

I read some where that if we increase the value of the above parameters,system performance will be also increased by 67%.?

Is there any other procedure for Kernel release less than 6.1 (might be at OS level..) for increasing the value of the parameters.?

Please guide me..!!

Reply,

regards,

JUNAID

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It would be great if buffer could enhance performance to such an extent !

Maybe a system were no buffer are set could be significantly speed up, but not that much.

The parameters  you can see in STO2 could be set in RZ10 (or directly by editing the profile  /sapmnt/<SID>/profile/<SID>_DVEBMGS00_<hostname>) even if they are not known.

Which SAP version are you running for having a 6.10 kernel ?

Even the 4.7 version were running on 6.20...

If you are on a Unix box don't forget to adjust shared memory segments when changing buffer size

sappfpar check pf=/sapmnt/PR1/profile/PR1_DVEBMGS00_sicitap01pro

1137734 - Assignment of memory areas, shared memories, and pools

Regards

Answers (0)