cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable radio button in Status Profile for Creator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done a configuration on status profile for Sales Contract Release Strategy.

The issue here is the Creator of Sales Contract is able to approve the Sales Contract that she created.

My Configuration of Status Profile as the following :-

Authorization Code ZAU0001 = Creator

Status Profile                : Z_AU_CON

Authorization Object      : B_USERSTAT

Obj Category                : VBK

T/Code                        : VA41, VA42 and VA43

Create a new role         : Sales Contract Creator

Authorization Code ZAU0002 = Approver

Status Profile                 :  Z_AU_CON

Authorization Object       : B_USERSTAT

Obj Category                 :  VBK

T/Code                         :  VA42 and VA43

Create a new role          :  Sales Contract Approver

The difference between the above role are the Approver cannot create a Sales Contract but can only Approve or Reject and Display the Sales Contract while Creator can Create, Change and Display but not able to Approve or Reject the Sales Contract.

I have done my unit testing everything is working fine except the Creator can still approve the Sales Contract refer to screen- capture  below:-

In my business requirement only Approver  which i have maintained in Auth code ZAU00002  can Release or Reject the Sales Contract.

According to my basis guy this cannot be achieved because Creator has Role of Create/Change and Sales Contract can only be released via transaction VA42. May i know if anybody has solution for this issue?

Thanks

Sherry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sherry,

If it's works fine with Authourization then go ahead.

Otherwise alternate solution is to hide the 'Object Status' button based on authorization.

You need to discuss with your ABAP Consultant and create one enhancement to hide/unhide this field.

Create a authourization object and put a check for user whom should have access to change/display.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sherry,

Use "Activity" in the Authorization Object       : B_USERSTAT:

Activity = 1 for approver.

Activity = Blank for others.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bheem,

I dont really get your point , can you elaborate more?

Can this be achieved by Configuration?

Thanks

Sherry

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is not configuration. In role assignment you can use "activity" to provide change access. Consult your security/basis guy.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the Creator User id do not Update the Authorization code - ZAU00002

you have to definitely create a New role for this user by copying the same Role but removing the Authorization key/code  - ZAU00002        under the Objects.

B_USERSTAT

B_USERST_T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks for your reply.

Currently i'm maintaining Creator in Auth Code  ZAU00001 not ZAU00002.

ZAU00002 is for Approver.

From your reply i understand that i need to copy the same role and maintain under object B_USERST_T instead of B_USERSTAT?.

May i know what is the difference between B_USERSTAT and B_USERST_T?

Thanks in advance.

Sherry.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes your are right

you can use first object,second object is additional for further controls not much difference.

the user need to have different role with only initial Authorization key and not the releasing key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

But how do i restrict the Role since she can have the transaction VA42?

Thanks

Sherry

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Though she might have transaction VA42 but you will be restricting at Authorization key/code

just make a seperate role and remove the Authorization key/code- ZAU00002 at the above said objects