SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Meter Readings Difference between FM's

former_member185489
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

I want to know about the difference between FUCNTION modules BAPI MTRREADDOC UPLOAD and ISU_S_METERREAD_CHANGE...

currently for us the functionality is that if a periodic meter reading/meter reading order exists on the same day as the incoming interim meter reading(09), then the FM ISU_S_METERREAD_CHANGE is used to upload the meter readings or else if no periodic meter reading /meter reading order is found then the fm BAPI MTRREADDOC UPLOAD is used for storing the meter readings. I want to know why these separate FM's are used, is there any difference in the way they store the meter readings?

Need a bit of urgent help..:)

Thanks a lot!,

Suman

2 REPLIES 2

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Suman:

The easy answer is that one is a bapi and thus is provided for customer usage while the other is an internal-only function module which is not recommended for use by customers.

regards,

bill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suman,

By BAPI, independent of existing MR orders, you can both change existing meter reading result and upload a new meter reading result. However, the FM only changes existing meter reading results or orders. I would suggest you to use ISU_O_METERREAD_OPEN, ISU_O_METERREAD_ACTION and ISU_O_METERREAD_CLOSE functions to create, change or delete meter reading results/orders if you especially are concerned about performance. You can search the content on how to use them.

About your functionality I cannot understand your requirement clearly. If it's about overlapping MR with different reasons, by assigning priorities, you can suppress interim or periodic orders by standard configuration within a specific interval. I think it's irrelevant to use BAPI or FM.

BR,

Eren