Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload/Download failure - file through SAP GUI for HTML failure in Java applet

david_stanton
Explorer
0 Kudos

When attempting to upload/download a local file with the SAP GUI for HTML within the portal, the java applets start but then disappears from the screen and the iView becomes non-responsive.  The applet window is not visible to the user after it loads when launched through an iView.

Changes:

This problem started when we patched the portal to SPS12

We have tried:

• Launching the WebGUI for HTML via iView (using headerless new window [standard]) and then attempting to upload or download a document results in the behavior described above
  • This behavior is true when using AJAX or the Classic Framework (user standard at site)
  • If the WebGUI for HTML is started directly against the ECC system (no iView), the functionality works as expected
  • The Java console does not show any errors or otherwise indicate a problem.  The console log appears identical regardless of how the applet is launched (via portal/iview versus ECC)
  • The portal website are whitelisted on the workstation Java installation
  • HTTPWatch/Firebug traffic appears normal and without warnings or errors
  • Reverting the kernel to the prior patch level does not change the behavior
  • Portal logs show no warnings or errors at the time of the issue

We are running:

• Portal running SAP NW 7.31 SPS 12, kernel 7.21_EXT UC 64-bit 330
  • ERP running ECC 6.06 SPS 11  + HR CLC for 2014, kernel 7.21_EXT UC 64-bit 330
  • Workstations are running Java Version 7 Build 51

Any ideas?

• SAP Managed Tags:
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

david_stanton
Explorer
0 Kudos

Solved the issue with these SAP notes:

• SAP Managed Tags:
3 REPLIES 3

david_stanton
Explorer
0 Kudos

Solved the issue with these SAP notes:

• SAP Managed Tags:

former_member790487
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same issue and the upload donwload doesn't work on iview standard transaction when i export alv table only on Internet Eplorer, but work in Firefox,Edge.

My system is on 7.5 so the oss note are obsolete.

Did you have any solution ?

Thanks a lot

• SAP Managed Tags:

david_stanton
Explorer

My issue occurred over 7 years ago and was solved by SAP notes, so I suggest you start a new post. It will get more attention than replying to my old post.

• SAP Managed Tags: