Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JNet on SAPGUI 740

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Im really struggling with the installation of Jnet/Jgantt on SAPGUI 740?

First of all i cannot check the checkbox for JNet in the installation guide. It tells me that some prerequisities are missing: SAP GUI 740 and 32-bit Java.

I have installed both but still i cannot check the JNet option. On another brand new PC i managed to get read of the Java error, but still i get the message that SAP GUI 740 must be installed?

Any good ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you soo much i was able to install the sap version 7.30 GUI on my windows 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have installed sap gui 7.30 but i am enable to use it because i dont have the user ID and the password can anybody help me out on this issue

Former Member
0 Kudos
jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mohammad,

You will need to talk to your account manager regarding login credentials.

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

i dont have any account manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

can i have user id to use 7.30 GUI can anybody help me on this issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Application Server: dkmgd37

System Number: 10

System-ID: E66

SAProuter-String: /H/molgaard.consolut.eu/W/molgaard/H/

// i used these login credentials and was also able to login but i found this error

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you reviewed all the applicable notes released by SAP?  Depending on your back-end release, you no longer need to install these locally.  Also a key note 1640569. 

1640569 - JNET cannot be called if Java 7 is used

2103687 - New implementation of JNet and JGantt in SAP GUI for Windows

2164890 - JNET in SAP GUI support of HTTP (not only HTTPS)

2016249 - SAP GUI (for Windows) Error Message "JNet not installed"

1926137 - New version of JNet/JGantt JAR files for WebDynpro/ABAP applications

Cheers,

Dan Mead

0 Kudos

Hi, Jacob.

I experienced the same issues with JNet on GUI 7.40.

I solved it by moving installation files (SetupAll.exe and so) to the disk C: and shorten the installation path as much as posible.

Then i ran setup as administrator and that solved all issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I realize this is an old post but has anyone found a satisfactory answer to this. I work in a college and we're deploying SAP_GUI to our labs. Uninstalling Java 8 is not a solution and, frankly, I'm a little surprised this is still a problem almost 10 months after the original post.

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

2103687 - New implementation of JNet and JGantt in SAP GUI for Windows

describes a new approach embedding JNet and JGantt in SAP GUI for Windows, which works with Java 8.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf-Martin. My account here for doesn't allow me to log into that link you posted.

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

Not being able to read SAP notes does not make you happy.

Please request a user at https://service.sap.com/request-user

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

arsnlgunnr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob,

Just wanted to share what I've come across on this issue lately.  I attempted to install SAPGUI 740 with Java 8 installed and was unable install JNet/JGantt with the installer complaining about the JAVA version and telling me that SAPGUI 740 wasn't installed.

I then uninstalled the SAPGUI 740 fully and uninstalled Java 8.  Next I installed Java7_75 32 and 64 bit.  I then installed SAPGUI 740 again and was able to select JNet/JGantt during the install.

I also found this note 2103687 regarding Java 8 and JNet/JGantt.

Hope you are able to sort this out.

-Jayson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayson,

the problem is now solved, thank you. I have just followed the note 2103687 and related note 2016249. I have uninstalled Java RTE 8 and used 7.72 instead and then the JNet/JGantt installation worked as expected.

Thank you

Michal

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jakob,

can you upload the most recent logfiles?

What is the OS version/Home/Professional/Enterprise?

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jude

The recent logfiles was attached to my latest post...

OS version is Windows 8.1 Pro with all patches...

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jakob,

It seems that Jre 1.7 is required, not 1.8

From the logfile it shows..

16:38:07 NwSapsAtlC  1W  Marking package SAPGUI740FULL ({43E3E365-941D-4C04-9D7C-303F250C9E9B}) as disabled: selected node SAP JNet/JGantt ({180B6E52-EB99-464E-B2A5-A5314A81EDAC}) has failing condition: <a style="COLOR:red">At least one of the following prerequisities are not yet fullfilled:

• The 32-bit Java 6 Runtime Environment (Update 11 or higher) or 32-bit Java 7 Runtime Environment (Update 4 or higher) must be installed and set as default!

16:38:07 NwSapsAtlC  1W  Marking package SAPGUI740FULL ({43E3E365-941D-4C04-9D7C-303F250C9E9B}) as disabled: selected node SAP JNet ({D2793512-8E5F-48AC-BDE2-E8547C6E3054}) has failing condition:

So ensure that 32bit Java 7 is installed. In my case Jre 7 65 is installed.

For this test,remove all other versions if 8 is installed.

I have no idea how to set as default, possibly through the environment variables in the OS.

Jude

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jude

I have tried installing Java 7 100 times with no luck! As you can see from my former posts i have tried to do all that again and again.

Also: if we look away for the Java error we still have the missing SAP GUI 740 error which is also very interesting?!!

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

It shows in the log:

15:49:34 NwSapsAtlC  1   Variables-Script: Checking for JDK HOME

15:49:34 NwSapsAtlC  1W  Variables-Script: JDK could not be detected!

15:49:34 NwSapsAtlC  1   Variables-Script: Checking for Jre HOME

15:49:34 NwSapsAtlC  1W  Variables-Script: JRE could not be detected!

15:49:34 NwSapsAtlC  1   Script JRE6x86: Checking if Oracle JRE 1.6.0 (32 Bit) is installed

15:49:34 NwSapsAtlC  1   Script JRE6x86: Oracle JRE 1.6.0 is not installed!

15:49:34 NwSapsAtlC  1   Script JRE6x64: Checking if Oracle JRE 1.6.0 (64 Bit) is installed

15:49:34 NwSapsAtlC  1   Script JRE6x64: Oracle JRE 1.6.0 is not installed!

15:49:34 NwSapsAtlC  1   Script JRE7x86: Checking if Oracle JRE 1.7.0 (32 Bit) is installed

15:49:34 NwSapsAtlC  1   Script JRE7x86: Oracle JRE 1.7.0 is not installed!

15:49:34 NwSapsAtlC  1   Script JRE7x64: Checking if Oracle JRE 1.7.0 (64 Bit) is installed

15:49:34 NwSapsAtlC  1   Script JRE7x64: Oracle JRE 1.7.0 is not installed!

15:49:34 NwSapsAtlC  1   Script JRE8x86: Checking if Oracle JRE 1.8.0 (32 Bit) is installed

15:49:34 NwSapsAtlC  1   Script JRE8x86: Oracle JRE 1.8.0 is not installed!

15:49:34 NwSapsAtlC  1   Script JRE8x64: Checking if Oracle JRE 1.8.0 (64 Bit) is installed

15:49:34 NwSapsAtlC  1   Script JRE8x64: Oracle JRE 1.8.0 is not installed!

Then further down...

JNet Script: Java Runtime Environment Current Version = 1.8

15:49:34 NwSapsAtlC  1   JNet Script: Determining the home folder for JNet

15:49:34 NwSapsAtlC  1   JNet Script: JreHomeForJNet left undefined because Java CurrentVersion key seems to be neither 1.7 nor 1.6.

Variables-Script: Checking for JRE HOME for Gantt

15:49:34 NwSapsAtlC  1   Scriptlet : Java Runtime Environment Current Version = 1.8

15:49:34 NwSapsAtlC  1   Scriptlet : Current Version = 1.8

15:49:34 NwSapsAtlC  1   Scriptlet : Minimal Version = 1.6

15:49:34 NwSapsAtlC  1   Scriptlet : Mininmal JRE Condition fulfilled.

15:49:34 NwSapsAtlC  1   Scriptlet : Searching for C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_25\bin\java.exe ...

Can you post a screenshot of your programs list in Windows 8 where the Java is installed?

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob,

any progress in this matter? I am facing the same, actually, even though on different software versions:

Win7 32-bit, SAP GUI 7.30, patch level 6. I have JRE 6,7 and 8 installed (I have enabled them one by one in Control panel without any luck). The problem is the same, see attached (the curious thing is that it even asks for having SAP GUI 7.20 installed - and I am installing 7.30). Still, I think that JRE detection is the problem.

Thank you, Michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try defining the JAVA_HOME system environment variable and point it to the location of Java 7, the root directory not the bin underneath it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

I tried, but still no luck neither progress. Any other tip? Thanks in advance.

Jakob, did you succeed?

Michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure you have installed the 32-bit version of Java 7, 64-bit versions aren't supported. You might also want to try both the JDK as well as the JRE. The latter is included in the former but the installation is a bit different.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have installed the 32-bit version of Java 7

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal

No i did not succed... I tried alllmost everything, 32 bit, 64 bit, java 6, java 7, java 8 etc and nothing works.I even formatted my PC and installed a clean Win 8.1 but no luck.

So i just dump it.

I really hate applications build onJava and i wish that SAP someday will skip using the technologi of that (Oracle ) company! And if SAP keeps on using the junk, then they should keep on track - the GUI 740 is BRAND new, so if it does not support Java 8 64 it's crazy!

Sorry but Java drives me nuts 🙂

/Jakob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob,

thank you for the answer. The matter of frustration is that I already succeeded some months ago with the previous SAP GUI version (7.30, patch level 2), but then the new SAP GUI version (7.30, patch level 2) was installed centrally and the same steps do not work for me anymore - just to inform you.

Thank you, anyway

Michal

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal

Nearly exact the same here: have and fine running GUI 730 with no problem. Uninstalled and installed GUI 740 and now all the troubles began. And just as information i also tried to install 730 again without luck.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

To uninstall the gui,from the "run" command in windows, type in the following.

nwsapsetup /uninstall /all /nodlg and reboot the PC.

This works in 99% of all cases.

Jude

arsnlgunnr
Participant
0 Kudos

Jakob,

Maybe try right clicking on the SetupAll.exe file and running as Administrator? 

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If you created a package, then you need to ensure that the Java Runtime is installed.

In my case,the option was selectable.

Is this a package or a product you have created?

Jude

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jude

It was an pure an simple manual installation of the GUI. Nothing fancy - but as you can see from the screen-shot i was not able to select Jnet/JGantt! And this is was this issue is about...

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Had you created an installation server beforehand?

It's a good idea to do so,even if you just run sapsetupall.exe afterwards and check if the Jnet component can be installed.

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jude

Ok now i have started from scratch:

1. Formatted my PC

2. Reinstalled Win 8.1

3. Installed Java 8 - 32 bit

4. Created a brand new SAP installation Server

5. Created a full package of SAPGUI 740

6. Tried to run the installation from the NW Installation Server

With no luck - the damn tool are still telling me that i´m missing the SAPGUI 740 AND the Java 6/7 or higher:

For some reason the JNet cannot be installed and i do not know why - could be Windows 8?!

arsnlgunnr
Participant
0 Kudos

Jakob,

I would assume that JNet could run on Windows 8 since SAPGUI 740 can be installed on it.  I am running Windows 7, so I'm not 100% sure.

If you would like, I can send you a link to download the SAPGUI740 installer and the JAVA JRE 7 installer.  If you are interested, send me a direct message and I will provide you the link.

-Jayson

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jayson

Thanks, but i already have the SAPGUI740 installer - that´s the one who are giving med the messages shown above?!

And also i have Java 7 JRE installer. I have Java 8 installer, Java 6 installer and Java 8 installer. And the only one who makes me go just a little bit further is the Java 6 installer, but still no sucess.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I tested with Windows 8 and no issues,

Your installation log shows that the Jre is not detected, see the attached file Jnet.png

Jude

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Can you provide the latest logfiles Jakob?

I've uploaded a screenshot of Windows 8 with the components installed.

In this case,I ran nwsapsetupall.exe

Jude

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jude

Attached the logfile...

NOTE: yes one of the issues is that the installation tool for some reason cannot find the JRE (how can i set a Java JRE to Default?) But the other issue that the installation tool tells me that GUI 740 is not installed either - and thats definatly wrong!

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jakob,

Your command line shows

\PRES1\GUI\WINDOWS\WIN32\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe which indicates you are running

the installation directly from the download compilation files rather than the installation server which was created.

In my case, I created an installation server using nwcreatinsserver.exe and this was created in

C:\installationserver

From C:\Installation server,I ran sapsetupall.exe which allowed me to install any of the options I wished.

From your installation server you should run nwsapsetupadmin and update your installation server to the latest patch which is given in note
1587566 and then test again.

The installation log files should show the correct path this time - good idea to delete the old logfiles before starting again in case we get

mixed up.

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jude

Well as expected running from the installation server makes no difference:

I really don´t think using an installation server will change anything because it seems that the problem is related to the Client: for some reason the SAP installation tool cannot see that SAPGUI740 and Java is installed.

But as you see from screen-shot above SAP installation tool whants me to set Java version as Default - where to do that??

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jakob,

I managed to install it with no trouble.

Can you please upload the installation logs from the %programfiles%\SAP\Sapsetup\Logs\ location for analysis

Jude

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

After installing Java 6 i now have this left:

Strange because SAPGUI 740 is running and have been for days 🙂

Attached install log...

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I think Java 6 is not supported, I was using Java 7 update 65

Check note

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1525767

for pre-requsites.

arsnlgunnr
Participant
0 Kudos

I too am using Java 7.

Jakob, looks like you may just need to uninstall and re-install to see if maybe something happened during the initial install that is causing it not to see the SAPGUI version or JAVA version.

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, but i started with Java 8 = error. Then Java 7 = error.

Last i installed java 6 and as you see the Java errors are gone from the installation tool 🙂 So yes Java 6 is not supported but never-less with Java 6 i managed to get one step further (but not to the goal...)

arsnlgunnr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob,

So you have installed SAPGUI 740 successfully and now attempting to install the JNET/JGANTT component?

Have you checked to make sure the JAVA 32-bit version is enabled for your user?  You can check this by opening Control Panel and selecting the JAVA icon.  A window will open and select the JAVA tab, then click the "view" button.  A new window will open showing JRE settings.  The first tab is for the User and the 32-bit version should be shown in the table with the box checked for enabled.

-Jayson

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

So you have installed SAPGUI 740 successfully and now attempting to install the JNET/JGANTT component?

Yes exactly! And yes in the Control panel it shows me, that both Java 8 and Java 7 is enabled!

arsnlgunnr
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok,

Does the JAVA 7 path look like this "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" ?

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

JAVA_HOME = C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7

Path contains this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe

arsnlgunnr
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok, yep that's correct.  Did you restart Windows after installing the 740 SAPGUI and the 32-bit JAVA?  Could be that one is required...

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes i have restarted... Installed 740 several days ago and still having the problem.