cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normal Change to work Without a Transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Solman Experts,

I am currently involved in a project where the client wants to use Normal Change and the out of the box statues but without a transport. In my experience if there is no transport as soon as I set the status to "To be Tested" it will delete as soon as it detects an empty transport. I am certain that there is  a config change that can be done to remove the condition and be able to use it without the transport, I just don't know where.

The use case is that they are using ChaRM on their legacy systems. And they want to follow the same methodology of ensuring manual changes have been applied to all Dev, QA, Preprod and Validation systems as offered in a Normal change with status changes such as In Development, To be Tested, Successfully Tested, etc.

Looking for your help.

Thanks,

-Anshul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Louis-Nicolas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

The Administrative Change SMAD is your solution to process Charm without Transport.

Normal Change need TR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Louis,

Thanks for your reply. I did show them both Admin and a General Change but they prefer the process that Normal Change has. Alternatively, I could do Custom Statuses in an Admin Change but its way more work compared to removing a transport from a Normal Change (offcourse, if its possible).

Thanks,

-Anshul

Louis-Nicolas
Participant
0 Kudos

Custom statuses in Admin Change is the only solution I know.

Even if you delete TR, Normal change, you will not allow you to pass to "To be test" status. (at the time it's generate's ToC).