Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching New Authorization Object to Many Transactions

naresh_vvsr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a new Authority Object created. Now i would like to add this authority object to some set of transactions.

Is there a automatic way, using which the authority object can be attached to all the necessary transactions.

I am aware of SU22 to add the authorization object manually.

Reason behind asking this question is, there is big list of Transactions ,which would require the Authority Object.

Thanks,

Naresh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shivraj_singh2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Naresh,

SU22 is for standard SAP delivered tables USOBT & USOBX. You should not be changing these values. I think what you are trying to do is to update USOBT_C & USOBX_C values. You should do it in SU24, there is no mass update option but you can use the multiple selection button to select all the tcodes,

and then update each transaction 1-by-1.

Please make sure you are clear about your intended values for Check Ind. and Proposal Status before you start updating the tcodes.

Regards,

Shivraj Singh

5 REPLIES 5

shivraj_singh2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Naresh,

SU22 is for standard SAP delivered tables USOBT & USOBX. You should not be changing these values. I think what you are trying to do is to update USOBT_C & USOBX_C values. You should do it in SU24, there is no mass update option but you can use the multiple selection button to select all the tcodes,

and then update each transaction 1-by-1.

Please make sure you are clear about your intended values for Check Ind. and Proposal Status before you start updating the tcodes.

Regards,

Shivraj Singh

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Out of curiousity, are these transactions all using the same program code? And/or is the check for this new object programmed in all relevant code? If not, there's no use in linking the new object via SU24.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh ,

If their is customize object ...Contact your ABAP person he will write all those  Tcode list in that Object Program coding  .

so after that object will affect in all T-code which is in that Object  .

Correct me if i am wrong .

Regards

Harshal Patel

niteshgupta87
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I don't think you can directly any auth object (custom or standard) to a standard tcode's program. Although there is something called User Exit which can help in this regard (check with ABAPers). But that should done one by one for each tcode.

FYI, it will make no sense by just adding an object for a tcode in SU24. If there is no authority check in program, the object will not be checked.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

99% of all Authorizations are implement in the transactions code with the statement

Authority-Check  (

EG.

AUTHORITY-CHECK OBJECT 'S_USER_AUT'

ID 'OBJECT' DUMMY

ID 'AUTH'   DUMMY

ID 'ACTVT'  FIELD '03'.

)

You would have to insert this statement delimited by your authorization, into each piece of relevant code and at the correct location in that code.

The only exception that I can think of is STCODE.  I don't know how it is implemented.

Now, Your ABAPer can do the above in nearly every case with implicit enhancements.

Neal