cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: "Could not create document" on fileshare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ladies and Gentleman,

I integrated a fileshare to our PoC Mobile Documents instance like described in the article

SAP Mobile Documents - Connecting a File Share as Corporate Repository

created by Jens Koster.

The Configuration worked well, and I can see the repository under the "Corporate" tab. I can see the directory structure and the files, and I am able to browse the directory and open the files. As soon as I want to create a directory, or to upload a new file into the repository, I am getting an Error.

The logs on the Netweaver show me "Could not create document"

All the settings I did during the configuration look like described in the document of Jens.

The permissions I set on the file share itself should allow everybody to create documents and directories - I did a successful test on the Windows File explorer.

Is there anything missing in my configuration?

Thank you for your help.

br

Ernst

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ernst,

try to use a CM Repository manager instead of the File System manager. Configure the persistence mode of the cm repository to fsdb and specify a versioning folder. Set the Security Manager to ACLSecurityManager and the ACL Manager cache to ca_rsrc_acl.

There are some issues when you grant write access to a file system via SAP km. You can read about the impacts here: CM Repository Manager - Knowledge Management - SAP Library in the section FSDB Mode.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Simon,

Thank you for that great answer!

I configured the file share as you described. And it worked with read/write access immediately.

Super!

Now I "only" need to find a documentation on how to integrate AD permissions.

Have a nice weekend.

Ernst

Answers (0)