cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infrastructure required for Mail Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to work on a Mail Adapter B2C scenario where XI sends emails to the client with XML file as attachements.

Questions:

1. What is the additional hardware infrastructure required to use the Mail adapter apart from the SAP XI server.

2. How can the mails be archived somewhere, in case I do not want to store them in my inbox-->sent items folder.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Shobhit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

even i have woked on this scenario where i would get mails from vendors to the copany and i should store them as an attachments in a folder given to me.

here u require..

what is the MAIL SERVER u use to send mails...for eg: in my case it was MICROSOFT EXCHANGE SERVER.

What is the URL u give in the mail server.

If u are given an FTP server then their configurations and fire wall issues...

wether mail it is to be taken as an Attachment(<b>In mail server there an chek box called KEEP ATTACHMENTS)</b> or body of the mail.......

Cheers,

raghavesh

Message was edited by:

Raghavesh Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavesh,

We have the MS Exchange Server here. The File Adapter brings in a file and transforms it to the target format, which needs to be sent to the corresponding email id. The email id has to be determined dynamically.

There is no FTP in picture.

Could you please tell if any additional infrastructure/installation is required either on XI or on MS Exchange?

Thanks & Regards,

Shobhit

Former Member
0 Kudos

as for my knowledge is concerned...

there are no more requirements ...

but check the firewall issue.....and know what is the version and service pack u are using...

and check wether u require sender,receiver addresses and subject required in the mail...if go with mail package check box in the mail adapter..

check wether mails are to be sent to two or more receivers...if semicolon( will do to separate them.

and check wether SLD is done proper or not bcoz,even i was right in my scenario and there was an issues in SLD and i traced it after few days...where i delayed my work..

hmm.....if any i will get back to u shobit....