cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trading scenario where I have imported finished goods from US

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My requirement is like this I have imported 1000 goods from US. I want to sale these products from India. what is the excise implication on this. I am not doing manufacturing activity in india. I am selling from Trading plant. I have already paid import duties. what is the excise implication in india. Please someone explain it . <Text remove by Moderator to normalized the priority >

Regards

Prashnt

Message was edited by: Jyoti Prakash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

binoy_vargis1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Check in your system whether you have maintained the plant as a depot(Check box).

SPRO-->Logistics - General-->Tax on Goods Movements-->India-->Basic Settings-->Maintain Plant Settings

SPRO-->Logistics - General-->Tax on Goods Movements-->India-->Basic Settings-->Maintain Excise Groups

Then the scenario will be to pass on the duty to end customer.(J1IG and J1IJ)

If the plant is maintained as normal then you have to do J1IEX and J1IIN for Incoming Excise Invoice and Outgoing Excise Invoice respectively.

Regards

Binoy

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your trading Plant registered as an Excisable depot? Have you updated the Excise register RG23D while procurement and paid excise duty to Vendor?

If yes, you can pass on the Excise duty to the end customer while doing sales.

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to pass the excise duties to customer then only you will have to have the BED or AED in sales order and you have to configure the CIN related settings other wise NO need . This you have to check with your business team.

Normally your case it is not required  any CIN settings as per my knowledge again as i said this has to be decided by business, after importing material the sales price includes all the cost incurred of all import duties.and we sell this materials as normal OTC with out any excise condition values in the document.

thanks,

Srinu.