cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing problem to insert jpg image into sql database through PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is proxy to JDBC,have to read image and insert the same into sql data base through SAP PI.

I've used "base64binary" as data type for "image" field in SAP PI,and tried through "varbinary" and "image" datatypes in sql data base to insert the image.

In mapping we are calling a function module through UDF in order to read the image from ECC.

But all the time I'm geting the error in JDBC adapter as:

"The length of the identifier value that starts with '.." is too high. The maximum length is 128. ".

Can anyone suggest some solution as this requirement is very urgent?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Spandana,

As Diptee suggested you can try with my blog concept. And please let me know your comment on "always 1 byte of data (first byte) missing in the DB" with your result, since I don't see a comment from last four and half years

Thanks,

Praveen Gujjeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi diptee and Praveen,

we have checkd your blog earlier itself and tried to customize to our requirement by giving attribute type="varbinary" and also "image"  in SAP PI as our databse is sql database.

For this to be successful, do we need to implement stored in procedure at sql database end also.But in sql databse table we tried declaring image field as both "varbinary" and also "image".

Kindly give us your solution for this.

Thanks in advance.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Spandana,

As per SAP help: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm

it seems it only works with stored procedure

Also I remember that for me it only worked with stored procedure and the same is in my blog

Best Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check this blog

BR,

Diptee