cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we send Work ITem to more than one user and all should be able to approve the work item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Consultants,

I having a business scenaio in which , work item should go to all the 5 approvers at the same time, and all should be be able to approve the work item.

i will explain thi swith an example ,

Suppose a work item has 5 line items , and owner of each line item is a different approver . Business wants that this work item should go to all approvers at the same time as a level one approver and unless all approvers do not approve the work item . It should not have the status as approved?

Can some one help me on this?

Many Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey ,

Can you please tell me if i send all the approvers an work item parallely , will all approvers be able to approve one work item or if one approver will apporve than workflow will gets over?

Thanks

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhanshu

"one approver will approve than workflow will gets over" - is a default functionality in workflows, you would not need extra for that 🙂

Dynamic Parallel Processing enables sending work items to ALL agents of a step - in parallel. If ALL approve it, then only the WF continues. By default, if ALL ACTION on it, the workflow will move ahead.... but if you want it to move ahead on the first rejection it encounters (maybe two approved today, third rejected tomorrow and still 5 are yet to action it) .... the workflow can continue to the next (rejection) step (.....if you want.....), ending the current decision because at-least one guy is not happy. That can be achieved by an end condition in the step - the end condition can be set by setting a variable in the rejection branch of the decision and passing back from workflow to block.

Regards,

Modak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Modak,

This was exactly my requirement , i wanted to have parallel workflow , where my document should go all approvers at the same time . Unless all approvers approve my document it should not get completed.(means all the five approvers should be approve my document even if it is a parallel processing). Also if one the approver rejects the document , my document should remain in workflow 🙂

Thanks for the suggestion 🙂

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhanshu

good, you even don't have to implement the end condition then.

Please close the thread if your query is answered.

regards,

Modak

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ACurtis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Are you doing this in SRM?  Because my belief is the standard recommendation is to use the SAP options, either 1 of the 0, 1 or 2 step approvals, Process Controlled Wf or the BADI approvals.  SAP provide templates for all these. 

If you don't use one of these options, then you will find some functionality does not work, for instance the 'Approval preview'. 

So I would not (my opinion, just saying, it's up to you), I would not be doing an application controlled Wf with dynamic parallel processing. Your choice and others might well know better than me, but thats my view.

So I would use the APPROVER_LIST with the BRANCH field and the BADI approval.

Good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andrew ,

I am using it in SRM only , however it is all custom developement. This is not an SC , PO or confirmation document .

This is just a web dynpro with workflow .

I feel you point is very much informative to me for standand SRM workflow.

Because as per standard i think my requirment will not fulfill -

This was exactly my requirement , i wanted to have parallel workflow , where my document should go all approvers at the same time . Unless all approvers approve my document it should not get completed.(means all the five approvers should  approve my document even if it is a parallel processing). Also if one the approver rejects the document , my document should remain in workflow 🙂

I might be wrong because i am very new with workflow topics 🙂 .

But do you think as per standard i can fulfill my requirement?

Thanks and regards

ACurtis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Not a PO/SC/Ctr etc approval then.  OK.  Then in your own development I would use dynamic parallel processing as suggested by Modak.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andrew

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhanshu

You should use dynamic parallel processing to achieve this:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-42404

Regards,

Modak

ACurtis
Explorer
0 Kudos

I think so.  in the APPROVAL_LIST table (AC Workflow) there are 2 keys, INDEX and BRANCH, if you use the BRANCH I believe it sends WI's in parallel