cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why 2 files for WEB AS Java???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone. I downloaded the sneak preview and trial SAP NetWeaver 04s SP9 and there are s files for the Java Trial Version - Download Java Trial Version (2 files: 1.63GB, 1.53GB).

It says that I need to extract these 2 files to the same directory. However, I cannot because they will overwrite each other. I opened the archive and it seems that they contain the same files??? I extracted the second file to another directory and tried to install it however it seems to try to install another WAS Java thereby overwriting the installation of the first file so I cancelled installation of the second file.

I was able to install the first file however the Java instance in the SAP Management Console remains yellow and says that only some services are running. Why is this happening? Is this because I did not install the second file?

What do I do with the second file? Please help! 😃

Generous points to those who help!

Thanks!

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

klaus_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

The download is one archive split into 2 parts. Put both files in the same folder and extract only part1. The second part will automatically be used by your rar-archive software. There is no need to do anything with part2 beside putting it into the same folder as part1.

Regards,

Klaus

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

there is no need to unzip the second file just unzip the first keeping the second file in the same folder. It will work.

Reward with points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone thanks for all the help. It turns out that I just have to wait awhile for the yellow to turn green.

Points awarded to those who helped! 😃

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do one of the things are all may be!!

you need to check the drive memory (min 9GB) before installation.

if the installation is complete without any problems stop and start the instance in MMC.then it must work correctly , if not there is problem with your downloaded file.

i hope it solves your prob.

Regards,

Chayapathy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello alex,

may in kno more info, i mean which of the java instance i.e server, disp or SDM is in yellow state.