cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy/Paste from Interactive Planning to MS-Excel doesn't work

Former Member
0 Kudos

When copying and pasting from Interactive planning to MS-Excel the data doesn't seem to be arranging correctly in excel.We are on the latest GUI and patch level 23 then I don't understand why this issue has suddenly occurred?

Is there any OSS note available for this problem or has any one come across such issues before? Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the OSS I found Note: 692727.

Has any one used this note before?Can you chare your experience? or any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on SCM 4.0 , SP16 therefore this note cannot be applied as this is already present. I there any other note that can be applied?

Former Member
0 Kudos

a. is this happening in all your machines? try a few different machine configs.. is this happening in all your Dev, QA and Prodn systems?

b. did u recently update your GUI? or your MS office software? or any significant windows patch?

c. what kind of anomalies are you seeing when you paste. is there any error message? You said suddenly so i presume it was working earlier

d. take an excel download of the PB and see if itsa ok and also cut-paste a part of same back

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Copy management has few limitations:

1. If one of the target cells is either fixed or read only, the copy operation is cancelled.

2. Similarly the operation is cancelled if the area to be copied does not fit into the target are, for instance at the edges of the grid.

Finally are there any hidden and customizations in the planning table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Why don't you try download option through "save locally" option in the data view of the planning book?

Regards,

Murali.J

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

paul_gloede
Participant
0 Kudos

We have experienced the same copy/paste issues. We upgraded our Sandbox system to SCM 5.0 and our SAP GUI to 7.10 Patch 3. Since the upgrades, our users have run into a few issues within Interactive Planning.

We get an error when copying and pasting from Excel to Data view when Excel workbook is linked to other workbooks and has formulas in the cells that are copied. When you paste it into the Data view, the message box states: ApoGridInvalid argument was encountered. Once this error occurs, the clipboard is messed up and you cannot copy or paste anything. No error messages come up in the other applications (Word, etc), but in Excel, the following message box comes up: Microsoft Excel - Cannot empty the clipboard. We tried copying the cells and doing an Edit>paste special in an empty area of the same worksheet and then copying those cells and pasting them into the Data view, but the same errors occurred. The only way to fix the clipboard issue seems to be to close out of the sapgui and Excel. Per OSS Note 889989, similar issues were supposedly fixed in version 346 of the apogrid.ocx for SAP GUI 640. We are on this apogrid.ocx version for the 7.10 SAP GUI.

We have created an OSS message and I will update this thread as soon as I find out what the problem is. It really sounds like an issue with the apogrid.ocx file.

Paul