cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change (and storage) of Plant Location in Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a business requirement whereby we change the sales order from Plant A to Plant B due to a material availability issue at plant A. However, we want to pull plant A into APO for the sales history via the extract since this is where the original demand was placed. As far as I can tell SAP does not store the original plant anywhere except for the Change Log, which is not useful to us.

I find it hard to believe that this is such an unusual business requirement that would require a development to solve this problem? Does anyone have any input they could offer?

Thanks,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The way we have done is that if the plant on the sales order is different than delivering plant at sales org view in Material master then we take the plant from MM and not from the sales order line.  The plant may have been changed in the sales order due to non availability of stock in that plant.  The delivering plant defaults on the sales order and if it is changed for any reason then we can find that by comparing with delivering plant maintained in the sales org view of Material Master (MM).

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Rajeev

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Does it makes sense to you to find out all the requirements for sales orders passed on to A plant first and later changed to B plant. I thought you can refer to this through VBBE table.

Wild thought though.!