cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial number should not ask while creating delivery from one distribution channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please advise how to achieve this, the requirement is as below:

Material is maintained  with serial profile in sales line of 9150-01- in plant 9135 so while creating sales order with sales area 9150-01-00 system should ask the serial number to enter while creating delivery.

where as while sales order is created with sales area of 9150-03-00 system should not ask the serial number while creating delivery.

please let me know if you need any more information?

thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya Prakash,

In standard you can control serial number generation based on the Process ( such as delivery creation, Production order or service order) but you cannot restrict them specific to sales area

you have to use User exit IQSM0003 in which you can put code to restrict the serial numbers specific to sales area

thanks

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Santosh for your reply, i think i need to go with user exit as you suggested.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What I can make out from your above statements is. For one Sales Area, your material is a serialied and for other it is not. Am I correct?

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello JP,

thank you for your reply and sorry for late reply.

The material is maintained with serial profile in MM02  in two sales lines 1. 9150-01 and 2 one is 9150-03

Now when the sales order is created with sales area 9150-01-00 system should ask the serial number when creating delivery.

And when the same is created with other sales area 9150-03-00 system Should NOT ask the serial number.

Please let me know if the above lines still need more clarification?

thanks.