Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a Picking list in Advance before posting the MIGO - GI

harshainevitable
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI All

Is there any way to print the Picking List in advance before i Post the MIGO - GI ref to Mvt type (201,221, 261,281)..??

Currently my client is going to activate the Batch mgmt at Plant level - External Batch No. 

As we know at the time of MIGO - GI ref to Mvt type (201,221, 261,281)..system will ask us to maintain the Batch no's before we post the GI doc. & once we post it both mat & acct. doc creates -- then TR -- TO.

But in my case i want to tell the system what Batch's i picked to issue, instead the SAP System proposes me the batch's which needs to be pick to issue.

In my Picking list i want the material no. -- Qty to be issue -- Plant - SLOC - Storage Bin -- Batch field (needs to be Blank).. so that the operator fills the Batch fields what he had Picked physically & then would like to pass/maintain the same Batches to process further & post the doc.

Please suggest/advice the possible options or work around sol. to achieve my objective.

Can we issue the goods via Outbound Delivery Doc - So that i create the OBD -- print the Picking list - Create the TO & confirm then finally PGI ( but i am not aware that can we use this process for the consumption goods? ref to cost center, WBS, Network, internal order ). If yes please let me know briefly the changes to done from SD, FICO, MM side & any impacts...

Regards

Imran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

There are 2 basic processes in WM for goods issue. 1) starting from OBD, 2) starting from IM movements.

1) You can create OBD with no reference to neither sales orders nor purchase orders, you can create it with reference to nothing. It works.

2) Starting from IM you first consume stock and then create the TR and TO to balance WM stock with IM stock. Another workaround based on it is as Jurgen suggests: create a TR and finally perform the IM movement for consumption.

Both options are feasible they depend on the process and how do you prefer to perform steps required in each option.

Best regards

Carlos Díaz

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you using WM?

harshainevitable
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes.. WM is activated.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

201 is a goods issue to cost center, it has usually no reference to anything. Based on what info should SAP be able to create a picking list prior to the goods issue, there is not yet a mind reader in SAP.

You would need additional data in SAP to make it possible. E.g. you would need to create a transfer requirement for this activity, manually in LB01.

further you would need to process WM before IM.

We developed a  Web application where the user can browse the WM stock (similar to LX02) in our Intranet and can select the stock and only needs to enter quantity and the cost center. The TR is created then with a function module. The usual picking is done in WM while the requester walks from his office to the warehouse. (and if no stock there he does not need to walk)

harshainevitable
Explorer
0 Kudos

Jurgen..please correct me if i am wrong.. i was just thinking how will it be if i am issuing the consumption goods  via outbound delivery ?

Will create the OBD w/o ref to sales order - using the item category without billing option --> thn ref to OBD will create the TO --> thn PGI..also need to modify the necessary OBYC settings..

if Yes ...is it feasible/advisable to do..?  will be there any major impacts / changes need to do ?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

with an outbound delivery you could pick the batch of your choice in WM and return this batch to the OBD and then do the goods issue from here.  But I do not know how you want create an OBD for the movement types you had mentioned before (201,221, 261,281).

OBD are usually created in reference to sales or purchase orders.

harshainevitable
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Jurgen

As said by you in the above message " E.g. you would need to create a transfer requirement for this activity, manually in LB01. further you would need to process WM before IM."

Could you please list me the steps in detail ?

Below are the steps i executed:

1. Created the TR -- eg: ref to 201, 261,281..
  2. Created the TO & confirmed -- ( now the stock was moved from the existing storage type to interim storage type 910)

Now how to clear the stock from IM level which was at SLOC level still & in WM its at 910 interim level ??

Thanks in advance

Regards

Imran

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look into the docu of report RLEXIP01 (in SE38; execute it to see the selection screen)

This program is an example for an own program to perform the IM movement automatically after the WM movement .

harshainevitable
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Jurgen

Thanks for your prompt replies.. but still i am facing some issue before i freeze the requirement.

now my concern is .. in some scenario's my client is issue the goods via reservations.

Using MB21 creating the reservation wrt to cost center, project, network and base -- Now if i follow the procedure as you suggested.. creating the TR using LB01 via the custom built lookalike LX02..then creates the TO wrf to TR & confirms...now the stock is in 910 interim...now by using the recommended report can we issue the reserved stock (for the respective cost center, network etc) from the IM level ?

moreover this report "RLEXIP01" is for the goods receipt ?

Regards

Imran

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The report is a template for your own development. It has as example a 501 goods receipt without reference. You need to understand the logic and may have to add some fields to the batch input section if you want do MM posting with reference to a reservation (you also have to think from where this info can be taken if you have as basis just quants)