cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerting (Mail) within MAI/Technical Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello solman experts,

we would like to use MAI for system monitoring of ABAP systems. Currently we use CCMS based approach, with which for all the important alerts we set up the automatic auto reactions methods (mails).

Now we look into MAI and are not sure how to set up there the automatic methods (Mails) in case of important alerts (e.g. availability, db backups, aborted jobs, etc.).

We found within SOLMAN_SETUP --> Technical Monitoring the "Alert Consumer Variant Maintenance".

There are notifications and auto reactions.

We also found that only few metrics have the appropiate alert.

Does some suitable documentation exist for the set up of Alerting for MAI?

If we try to maintain auto reaction we get the error "the table does not contain any data"

kind regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CCMS auto reactions are equal to MAI Notifications.  MAI auto reactions are for creating custom badi's and taking further action upon an alert, clearing a /tmp folder for a metric of drive space being full.

Have a look at the 7.1 SP05 doco - https://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp05/helpdata/en/e4/5d55b4bb024f048c0a732a38371e28/content.htm?fra...

That should give you a better understanding on how MAI behaves and provide you a better way to link CCMS terminology to MAI terminology.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Billy,

what does it mean, "ccms auto reactios are equal to MAI Notifications"?

If I decide to implement MAI wih standard auto reactions for e.g. availability, db backups, etc.

can I then create still central auto reaction within RZ21?

I thought MAI completely replaces CCMS with all the required functions...

Thank you!

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no need for central auto reactions via rz21 just to receive an email for system monitoring issues, MAI does replace CCMS.

My first statement was a apples to apples comparison.

You may also want to review having MAI pull in your CCMS values to make the transition easier vs a hard cutover.