cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error provisioning to HCM - Type conflict during a function module call (text length).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day all

Please can you assist with the issue below.

Issue has been noted recently where we are receiving an error when trying to provision access requests to the SAP HCM system.
The access request approved, is not provisioning with the following error received.

Type conflict during a function module call (text length).  This is indicated in the request log and in the HCM system short dump ST22.

Recently we have implemented a number of pilot OSS notes in the SAP HCM system (2077724 and 2007402), to resolve other issues with issues with the GRC Plugin as per advice from SAP IMS GRC Developers.

I have checked the RFC connection in GRC to HCM and it works corrected, able to connect and if I change the RFC user to service to test, remote logon works correctly.

Version of the HCM Plugin is shown below. We are using GRC AC 10 SP13.

GRCPINW V1000_731 0004 SAPK-10504INGRCPINW
SAP_BASIS 740 0004 SAPKB74004 SAP Basis Component
GRCPIERP V1000_700 0013 SAPK-10313INGRCPIERP GRCPIERP

We are able to provision to the SAP ERP/FI system from GRC without error

ST22 short dump in HCM system.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue solved.  There was a manual pre-implement that needed to be implemented as part of note implemented in the plugin system.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Please check the ST22 dump details and find out which function module is giving the issue. If it's some standard function module you can log a ticket to SAP.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Did you recently integrate HCM for user provisioning? Is this the first time you are encountering with this issue and I just wanted to check whether or not you have performed the integration scenario "PROV" for your HCM system.

If you are able to provision users in other environment but HCM, then this could be due to the integration scenario. Check that once again and confirm.

Regards,

Ameet