cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DD IMPORT running since long time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are upgrading support pack of PI 7.1 ehp1 from 0 sp level to 13.

Since long time(nearly 14hrs)  it is running DD import.

R3trans value is 6.

How much time it might take to complete?

We are upgrading all components ie sap_basis, sap_abap, pi_basis, sap_bw, st-pi

If there is any issue in this kindly help to resolve it.

Regards

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

DD import for a complete stack can have really long runtimes. Depends actually on the number of parallel processes used for the import. 6 is pretty okay I would say.

I would suggest you to keep checking the ALOG and SLOG files in the log folder  under transport directory. If they are getting updated regularly without errors, then its the system taking its time. You got nothing to do but wait.

You can also list the R3trans processes from the OS level to see which package is being imported currently.

In case you see errors in the SLOG or ALOG files, please attach the errors here.

Thanks and best regards,

Diptiman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diptiman,

There are no errors in SLOG or ALOG.

How much time it might take any idea?

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

As I said earlier, if there are no errors in SLOG or ALOG, everything is running fine.

To get an idea of how much has been completed and what else is pending, you can check the tmp folder under transport directory. The latest files will be the entries for the package that is currently being imported. You can give a tail -f on one of the files to see if that is getting updated regularly.

Also, if the current package is lets say ***71008***....that means SP import till 7 has been completed for that package and 8 is running; 9through 13 is pending. This might tell you how long more you might have to wait.

Thanks and best regards,

Diptiman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its not updating in tmp folder.

screenshot attached

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Check the number of tp process and R3trans process at os level.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ashutosh,

In OS level it is showing 2 R3trans and 1 tp process.

Regards

Pavan

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Have you define Number of parallel process in spam/saint transaction (Extras->setting ).I think by default it will be 1.

Also do paste the SLOG and logs for the last updated package.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, please do check the number of parallel processes defined in the tp profile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes .. I have done that 6.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SLOG details are same as mentioned above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

Now that you provided the screenshot, I can see that tp r3h all has basically done nothing from 7:09 pm on the 29th of October.

Could you please attach the contents of the SAPKKB71101.PIT and SAPHB71101.PIT files?

Preferably please attach all files from the tmp directory.

Thanks and best regards,

Diptiman

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you are on Windows if you are using Oracle 11.2.0.2 / 11.2.0.1 check the here under note

1635605 - CLIENT HANGS ON INSERT INTO TABLE WITH SECUREFILE LOB

and set the Oracle initialization parameter _use_zero_copy_io=false

alter system set "_use_zero_copy_io" = flase scope = spfile sid='*';

Regards

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

What do you see in logs ?

Look into them and see with what info they are getting updated.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

in s log last update was DD IMPORT. after that there are no updates.

Former Member
0 Kudos

STOP  tp_getprots          PIT Q      20141029181913              DEV01        AIKWHOV-SAPPI 20141029181904527  

STOP  INFORM SAP-SYSTEM OF PIT Q      20141029181913              DEV01        AIKWHOV-SAPPI 20141029181904527  

START DD IMPORT            PIT H      20141029190823              DEV01        AIKWHOV-SAPPI 20141029190823431  

This is the last update in s log

Former Member
0 Kudos

APServicePIT 20141029190823 RFC: tp R3H all PIT pf=\\AIKWHOV-SAPPI\sapmnt\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_PIT.PFL -Dclientcascade=yes -Dstoponerror=8 -Drepeatonerror=8 -Dsourcesystems= -Dmainimp_proc=1 -Dparallel=6 -Dacc_import=0 -Dstopimmediately=1 -Dcheckmasterlang=no tag=spam -Dtransdir=\\AIKWHOV-SAPPI\sapmnt\trans  (pid=7872)

is the last log written in ULOG.