cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much RAM memory should take a single instance running on single Host machine?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 2 instance simultaneously running on a single host machine.But i feel real slowness in both instances ,As the result i have checked RAM memory of my host machine.i have installed 10GB of RAM and by the time of slowness almost full amount of RAM being used by SAP instance(approx.9.50 GB).

What should i do ? ain't 10 GB RAM is not enough?I have hard disk of 1 TB.

DB:Sybase ASE 15.7

SAP version:SAP ERP 6.0

Please help me ..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anoop

1. You can check in transaction code ST06 /ST06N or OS07N, and also over the Memory/ buffer usage in ST02

2. Stop the one of the instance check the over all memory usage at OS level

BR

SS

former_member184548
Participant
0 Kudos
  • Hi Anoop

For two instances and good speed it have 16 GB .

Thanks

atul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anoop,

Let me tell you, to resolve this issue you have to spend good time in research.

You can refer Sybase reference books.

You have to basically find out memory usage in ST06 and ST02 (buffer) and also have to check how much memory is being utilized from operating system level (this is helpful, if you have multiple hosts or instances in single physical box).

So, you can estimate and plan to increase the physical memory.

You can take help from SAP's quick sizer tool and refer SAP note: 85524.

http://service.sap.com/quicksizing.

So, nobody can give you an exact number easily, because memory usage depends on number of concurrent users, load in the system and many other factors.

However, I will suggest you to go through the below thread in detail to get some basic idea.

Also there are some SAP notes depending your EHP. Search in SAP marketplace: "resource requirement for SAP ERP Central Component 6.0".

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Sujit Kumar Banerjee.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anoop,

There are number of factors for slowness. Memory is one of them, however, you need to find this shortage by monitoring using standard Tcodes and look in EWA reports for suggestions on improving the performance on your SAP system. Also, look into ASE memory consumption and Leaks.

For SAP system, your RAM + Virtual memory is what your SAP is addressing for memory.

Also refer places like SyBooks Online

Regards,