Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Configuarable profile

former_member184571
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

I am currently testing few scenario with strategy group 25 (MTO with Variant config).

I have few queries regarding configurable profile.

If i have two levels of BOM ( Finished product and one level below that is semi finished) , Both are configurable.

Selection of Certain characteristic values from finished product will pick variant components and mandatory components from semi-finished  BOM .

Now , in this case is it necessary to maintain configurable profile for semi-finished product even or just marking the semi-finished material as

configurable is enough..?

Also what is the impact of BOM application which we define in configurable profile..?

Could anyone share the screen settings of standard  configurable profile for Final configurable product .

When exactly BOM application SD01 and PP01 should be used..?

If semi-finished component also requires configurable profile to be maintained , what necessary setting is valid in configurable profile.?

Regards,

Daya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Daya

Its mandatory to maintain configuration profile for all configurable materials, so please create profile for semi finish too.

I cant access system to cant post any screen, but as per screen you included in your post , it looks fine , just change radio button to plan order instead of order BOM ( assuming you are not using order BOM's).

PP01 is relevant to BOM explosion for production , SD01 is relevant for BOM application during sales order , it will be useful if you are using 2 boms with usage 1 & 5 , if you are just researching on VC setup , just use PP01.

Hope i answered all your questions.

I also recommend you to read sap help on VC, it may take time but it will help you clearing basic understanding of VC objects.

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member184571
Participant
0 Kudos

Than k you very much Ritesh.

Before closing this thread i need one more clarification.

During my testing i observed , i have marked semi-finished material as configurable and have not

maintained any configurable profile. Only i had maintained selection condition for components in

semi-finished BOM. But system was picking semi-finished part along with the mandatory/ variant

components correctly.Could yòu please clarify me on this ritesh.

Regards,

daya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you're correct. only configurable material needs configuration profile. Setting profile for Semi-finished part means you're going to use multilevel configuration

Hope above helps

BR

Simon

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure what do you mean by semi finish as configurable material.

If BOM of your semifinish also have component which needs to be picked by selection condition based upon user entred value at first level , you will need second level configurale material with a configuration profile.

If your semifinidh material is having fix BOm of it self, you even dont need to make it configurable, just the first level material with configuration settings and its configuration profile will work fine.

Hope its clear now?

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Supplement:

It's required that make semi-finished material as configurable if you want maintain any dependencies on it

BR

Simon

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for supplement, but i didnt understand what roles dependencies play without a valid configuration profile?

Appriciate if you can add and example so that it will be helpful for understanding.

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member184571
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am not sure what do you mean by semi finish as configurable material.

Sorry have done a mistake while posting. Semi-finished it is an assembly one level below the finished product.

This assembly has some mandatory components as well as variant components. To pick this variant

components , i have assigned selection condition . and have marked this assembly material number as

Configurable and have not assigned any configurable profile as i said you earlier.

Where selection of characteristic values from customer at finished product level will influence the

picking of these correct variant parts.

During my testing is observed with configurable profile and without configurable profile for this

assembly , i was able to see the result same.

So as you said , configurable profile is mandatory ritesh..?

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Daya,

I am unable to nunderstand what exactly are your desired result , and even the setup you have.

let me try one more time,

If first level is configurable , you can put components inside its BOM and pick them as per dependecny written, so in result you will find fix components and compoents picked by dependencies, sfor such compioents there is no need to make configuration profile or setup up configuraable materila indicator in material master of components.

But if your semifinshed materials also have BOM inside wihichn you want fix as well as changing component based upon user assigned values, yopu need to make this semifinsh compionetys as configurable material and also need configuration profile.

Hope its clear now.

please mark replies helpful , if it helps you.

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member184571
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh ,

Thank you very much .

It was very helpful for me.

I am closing this thread.

Regards,

Daya

Answers (0)